Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought my wife a radar detector from Radio Shack, all bands, 360 detection, compass and best of all the price $70.....

Is the same unit I bought myself a year ago and has saved me a million times from facing the LAW... :wink: ..not that I speed ... 8) ...and YOU?....

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:d3b3abbe1a="eMass"]IMHO - radar detectors don't work well enough to justify the cost. The advent of Laser and the better training of police officers using traditional radar guns has seriously crippled a radar detectors ability to protect you from little more than the threat of a garage door opening. :lol:

I stopped buying detectors more than 10 years ago and just made a consious decision to pay attention to my speed. I haven't got a ticket since. :D[/quote:d3b3abbe1a]

You must not live or drive thru towns that have "quotas"....I know for a fact that on the 15th and close to the end of the month "town" cops ( both in CT and MA where I reside)...use the "old fashion" KA bands and collect revenue for their towns on those particular dates......

I have been saved enough times that I can say it has paid for itself many times over....and my wife loves the compass feature, which too bad is not an option on the E...alike some vans that have it with their clocks... :roll:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.