Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory rad took a dump today on my 04 with only 110k on the clock :(. I called the dealer and it is not covered under warranty, so I am thinking about buying an aftermarket aluminum radiator.

I found this Mishimoto one here

http://www.jazzproparts.com/MMRAD_ELE_03_p/189280.htm

It is only a little bit more expensive than a used OEM, and it comes with a lifetime warranty so I dont have to worry about another plastic endtank busting and having to buy another new rad.

Does anybody have experience with this radiator? What do you guys think I should do?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Radiator Barn has an OEM style Element radiator for $114.10 or an all metal unit for $125. Can you find one cheaper? Several people on other car forums I'm on have used them and have been quite satisfied.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radiator Barn has an OEM style Element radiator for $114.10 or an all metal unit for $125. Can you find one cheaper? Several people on other car forums I'm on have used them and have been quite satisfied.
Hi Gary,

I was going to search eBay to see if they had any deals. I would like to stray from OEM style units due to the faulty plastic end tanks. I do not mind spending a few extra dollars, so long as it means a higher quality product. I will look into the other alternatives as well, thank you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i installed an aftermarket full aluminum radiator on my 12sec civic hatchback a few yrs back. it was one of the best mods. making all that extra power equals ALOT more heat aka #1 killer of engines. also being in south FL didnt help any. the car actually ran about 20% cooler with it which was a definite plus in my book.

Mishimoto has been around awhile and has quality products and it comes w/a lifetime warranty? sounds like a no brainer in my book.

hope this helps :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts