Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here but I browsed thru before purchasing our 2010 citrus ex. We had to drive approx 2 miles to pick it up and on the way home we kept hearing some kind of electronic noise in the speakers. It almost sounded like data transmitting over the speakers. I had the wife turn off the cell phone, but it continued to intermittently do it even with the volume turned down. It does it in fm and xm modes ot sure about cd. The reason I thought it was the cell phone was because we have an at&t air card for our laptop and when online we can hear this sound on our land line phone, disable it and the data sound goes away. It does not sound like a radio when you do not have it grounded properly and you hear the motor rev in the speakers. Any ideas would be apprciated before I head to the dealer. Thanks Doug

·
Registered
26 Posts
We just bought an 08 LX and are having similar problems. Sounds like the cell phone is interfering with the radio. I like to keep my cell in one of the storage compartments on the dash for easy reach and notice it more when it's there than when it's in the cupholder between the seats. I've also noticed the same noise when passing tractor trailers so I'm assuming CB's interfere with it as well. I'm curious to see if anyone has any ideas on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting, I was thinking I was the only one that has had this issue. We drove ours around 4hrs this weekend and noticed it a good bit. Shut the cell off and we still had the noise. We need to watch for trucker traffic to see if it does it around rigs possibly using something causing the noise.If anyone has any ideas please post, I really dont want the service shop scratching stuff up looking for a problem. Thanks Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our cell is an AT&T I-Phone. We had the interference noise again yesterday and shut the phone down and it still did it. We have another issue with our E, the lower plastic piece under the door has one of the body clips popped out. Now we definately have to find time to get it to the shop. How come you cant buy a new car without having these issues? ExBama, do you have danes? We have one and the E is working out great for getting her around.

·
Registered
428 Posts
How come you cant buy a new car without having these issues?
We have both '07 CR-V & '09 Element. In turn of fitmanship, I would give my wife's '07 CR-V a "A", but my "newer" Element a "C". I would probably compare fitmanship of current gen Element with all other last gen Honda car/SUV/Truck before ~'06. If you have a chance compare fitmanship of current gen Accord with last gen Accord side by side, or current gen CR-V with last gen CR-V, or current gen Civic with last gen Civic, you will understand what I mean.
Despite all let down on the fitmanship quality, I will not trade my E with a current gen CR-V. ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts