Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all !
Well the radio display light on my 03 Ex head unit is out :x

I can see the text and the rest of the buttons light up,But the display light is out so at night i cant see the text unless i turn on my inside light to shine light on my head unit .

is there a way to replace this bulb or do you know of a bulb part # :?

Thanks all.:domokun:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can't quite answer your question, ranger498, but if you're the handy type, you'll find that the hu comes apart pretty easily. On a previous project, this is as far as i needed to go:

from that point you should be able to see whether/how to access the lcd's back light.
:-d:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update :
Well i was about to start this project about a week ago but then the radio just died on me :/

so i put in a old new radio (A new kenwood excelon i had sitting in my basement for years ) in .
Sound quality is a little better since i can play with all the setting from lows to mids to highs ,sadly i cant listen to one of my fav radio stations party 87.7 fm (check them out on line thow ) :( this is because my new radio doesnt go that low on the band it will only go to 87.9 :shock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rambler,

The lamps that illuminate the display are the same grain-o-wheat ultra-miniature lamps used to illuminate the buttons. There are two, one at each end. They are soldered to the PCB. Although not for the novice, one could replace the burnt lamps in a few hours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sadly i cant listen to one of my fav radio stations party 87.7 fm (check them out on line thow ) :( this is because my new radio doesnt go that low on the band it will only go to 87.9 :shock:

Inquiring minds want to know.

This from Wikipedia:

"87.5-87.9 MHz is a radio frequency which, in most of the world, is used for FM broadcasting. In North America, however, this bandwidth is allocated to VHF television channel 6 (82-88 MHz). The audio for TV channel 6 is broadcast at 87.75 MHz (adjustable down to 87.74). Several stations, most notably those joining the Pulse 87 franchise, operate on this frequency as radio stations, though they use television licenses."

Upon further reading:
"On October 30, 2009, Pulse 87's New York station signed off at 5:00 PM."

sadly i cant listen to one of my fav radio stations party 87.7 fm
And no one else will hear it either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts