Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought Stella Blue, a 2007 AWD EX in Atomic Blue (~80K) to replace Pickle, my 2007 AWD EX Kiwi Metallic (~198K). Friend came over with her 2010 named Ruby...

We just had to line 'em up and take this photo.

While I'm here, so much thanks to the forum. I have gotten so many great ideas here, and learned a lot. A couple of days ago, I swapped the driver seat between my two Es, the visors, and more. Great resource thanks to all of the people! I hope this never gets replaced by social media tools. I love having a dedicated forum.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
That’s awesome... agree about this being a place with a wealth of knowledge...

Cool picture, but I have to ask about the seat swap...
What did you do to your Pickle seat that needed to be transferred to Stella?

Nice find at 80k... 👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
The first E I really looked at was a Kiwi on the showroom floor of the local Honda Dealer. Not sure of the year, but I'm guessing around 2008 or so. It was set up to camp and I fell in love with it. Green has always been my favorite color and I always kind of wanted a Kiwi.

I got serious about buying one with the next year or so and finally got my choice down to a 2008 Atomic Blue (Certified Used), a 2009 Tango Red (dealer demo), and 2010 Polished Metal (new). I ended up buying the 2008 Atomic Blue because the Certified Used warranty from Honda was actually a little better than a demo or new. Kept that 2008 Atomic Blue form 2009 to 2013 and sold it to get a Subaru..

We retired last year and bought a new Class A Diesel RV to travel in. We have a GMC Acadia to tow behind the RV, but I've been wanting another E to tow behind the RV. Tango Red color is a perfect match for our Crimson and Gold Tiffin. It took me about a year to find a nice '10 or '11 E with decent mileage in Tango Red, within a few hours from home, but I just found a 2011 EX 4WD, Tango Red, 75,000 miles about 4 hours from home. I bought it the day after the owner put it on Auto Trader.

The only reason I told you all this is because you have posted a picture of my 3 Favorite Colors for E's! Good luck with Stella Blue! (I'm partial to Stella Black and drink it on a fairly regular basis!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife’s 2005 blue/gray Element was Toaster, her red 2011 is pop tart.

I recently bought Stella Blue, a 2007 AWD EX in Atomic Blue (~80K) to replace Pickle, my 2007 AWD EX Kiwi Metallic (~198K). Friend came over with her 2010 named Ruby...

While I'm here, so much thanks to the forum. I have gotten so many great ideas here, and learned a lot. A couple of days ago, I swapped the driver seat between my two Es, the visors, and more. Great resource thanks to all of the people! I hope this never gets replaced by social media tools. I love having a dedicated forum.

View attachment 201805

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 201805
mine is plain old Grey, it is "the Little Elephant"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s awesome... agree about this being a place with a wealth of knowledge...

Cool picture, but I have to ask about the seat swap...
What did you do to your Pickle seat that needed to be transferred to Stella?

Nice find at 80k... 👍
I actually moved the Pickle seat to Stella. Biggest reason is that I had already done the upgrade to the storage armrest. Stella's seats are in a bit better condition, but there was a very well-repaired cigarette burn. Rather than swap the armrest, I just decided to swap the entire seat. I had also done the cupholder upgrade, and swapped that whole piece out as well. And the sunshades, which were in better condition in Pickle. Last thing, I paid $120 to swap the rims which had corrosion on Stella... but not anymore :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe an ol' lady name. Like Midge :) Pickle was named after a beer. Stella is named after a Grateful Dead song.
Imagine that! A beer drinking deadhead driving an Element. Who would have ever thought that?:)

Even though the Elements are getting harder to find, they are still much easier and cheaper to buy than a old VW Microbus. Some of those original VW Microbus restored nicely are going for $50K - $100K. Wonder what a nice Element will be worth in 20-30 years?

Saw a grey SC at the post office last week and walked over to check it out. A lady was sitting in it reading her mail. I struck up a conversation with her and she was a very small "little old lady" who appeared to be well into her 70's. Her E was an '07 SC that she bought new with 2 miles on it. She had 164K on it the day I saw her and it was very clean. I asked her if her E had a name and she quickly replied "Putt Putt"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts