Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
altho i'm having grief from my console being ruined by a suction cup (see thread under interior), i put Rainx on my windows yesterday and it's great!

the water just beads off like it's teflon. has anyone used the stuff for the rest of the car yet? i'd like to hear what the results are.

also, if anyone has any suggestions for the paint on the console, i'd appreciate those too.

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
I've used Rain-X on my windows before and yes...it's so nice the way the water beads up and just rolls off the glass as you drive. You asked about doing the rest of the car - this I have never done. My assumption was that Rain-X was for windows only unless they now have a body product out.

I use mostly all Zaino http://www.zainostore.com/ products. In particular, their Z6 is a Gloss Enhancer that's used on the body after using the Z polishes, but it also works just like Rain-X on glass. I just got done putting a second coat of Z on today and finished with a coat of Z6 all the way around.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the Z info!

RainX came out with a product for the rest of the car. Saw it at Walmart and just wondered if anyone's used it yet.

I'm so torn about which products to use. I guess as long as I avoid ArmorAll, it'll be okay.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've used it for years as well. I out it on all the windows, the mirrors and the headlights.

It's great on the mirrors especially if you have a foggy day where the mirrors fog over.

As well it makes removing bug guts much easier.

Even better is it help in the winter in getting off Ice from your windshield in the morning

·
Registered
87 Posts
I put it on my windows last night, works great! I have to try the stuff for the paint next. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
yup, the for-glass rain-x in the yellow bottle will harm the paint. be careful to remove before reapplying wax to area....

·
Registered
23 Posts
The only problem with RainX is that once you put it on, you can never get it off and so have to reapply it forever. I made that mistake on one car and won't do it again. better to just keep the windows clean.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Can you explain further?

[quote:c5e69b2d69="hppypaul"]The only problem with RainX is that once you put it on, you can never get it off and so have to reapply it forever. [/quote:c5e69b2d69]

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I used RainX in the past I noticed that after a couple of months the water runoff effect wore off and the glass started to get a little hazy. The only thing that would make it get better was to use more RainX. No other soap, detergent or treatment would get rid of it. Hence you are locked into using it for the life of the car. I would rather just keep my windows clean more often and use the wipers.
Good enough for me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You can always get some glass/window polish. It will clean your glass, get rid of rainx, waterspots, etc. takes alot of elbow grease, but it works. It is a very mild abrasive, like car paint polish, won't scratch the window but will clean it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im dealing with that problem now with RainX, it is so hazy driving at night is a dangerous task. Here is a good link, Im trying to get it off!

http://web-cars.com/

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've tried the Rain-X product for the windows and love it. I found the wax product from Rain-X and gave it a try. Big mistake! The wax had an insoluble liquid that ran all over the place and dripped on the plastic panels when I tried to apply it.
Shaking the product for 5 more min did not seem to make the liquid and wax mix together. I'm not sure if I had a bad bottle or that is how the product is.
Definitely not a wax product made for the E with the large amount of plastic.
I learned the hard way that wax and plastic do not mix! ANyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, thanx for the rainX-for-the-car tip. i went to pep boys to buy somethis weekend, but they didn't have it and was planning a trip to walmart where i know they carry it. so glad i didn't get it!

but i do still love it for the windows. we had rain here in so cal from texas hurricane (so they say) and the water just rolled off the glass.

as for the non lovers, how often do you have to reapply it that it's such a pain in the a--? i've had it on for a week now and it hasn't hazed yet. is it a time related thing or a water contact related thing? in other words, if it rains more, do you have to reapply it more?

thanx again about the warning about the non-glass parts!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Has anyone tried the RainX wiper fluid that is supposed to clean up bugs on the windshield? I just bought a gallon at Wal-Mart- anything to help with my Beloved-Bug-Magnet!

Thought I'd try for some feedback before I dumped some in the reservoir.

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
:D :D
I got the same rain-x washer fluid at Walmart last year, prior to the Element...and it REALLY works! I plan on putting it in the Element when the fluid goes low---but I liked how it worked on my old 95 van.
Just wanted you to know.
:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts