Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on TV there was an ad for Rainx car wax. Both my husband and I sat right up in our chairs. We are big fans of Rainx on the windsheild and the ad made this look perfect for the E. They claim that it helps shed dirt and prevents sun damage AND helps in prevent scratches. I play to go shopping tonight for it. I will let you all know.

Joan

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd like to hear from other members about their opinions on Rain X. From my own experience, it works great for a week or so, then it's gone. And a co-worker of mine swears that once you use Rain X, your windshield will never be the same - and you're forced to keep using it. Seems a bit exaggerated, but does anybody else recommend it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Rain X car wax. Used the stuff and it's just okay. No great shine or dirt repelling capability. I would rate it average and keep on using Mothers Callifornia Gold Sealer and glaze. Rain X car window treatment. GREAT STUFF!! - wouldn't drive without it and does not harm the glass or surrounding structure in any way. We also use the stuff on our airplanes, because the pilots don't have to run the wipers as much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ION or jnes or in fact anyone... How often do you need to apply it to your windshield? I am concerned about pate's claim that it only works for a week or so. I have been considering buying some foawhile now, but have had no first hand experience with it. Thanks for all your input...

NyArtist26

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We use it all the time on the windshield. Yes it does wear off over time and use. I took a month road trip last year and it covered me all month and then some. I don't notice any buildup either. We reapply RainX 3 or 4 times a year. It is such a dream on the windshield.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I wash my car very often and apply the RAIN X to the windows about 4 times a year. The small bottle lasts a long time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use Rain-X windshield wiper fluid. The Rain-X is already in it. IT GREAT! Look for the orange colored jugs... I think I got it a walmart. Stuffs great and you dont need to apply it over and over again it goes on each time you spray your windshield washer! :wink:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good deal, I will check at Walmart next time I'm there... Anyone else use the washer fluid? How does it compare to the directly applied stuff? Thanks again for all the input...

NyArtist26

·
Registered
22 Posts
Something you might want to consider before waxing your Element. Most car makers specify that you need to wait a period of time before using any kind of wax on your car. I have not found what Honda's recommendation is, perhaps someone else may know. I will keep looking for the info and post when I find it.

I have used Rainx for about 12 years and have experienced at least a month or more service per application. The Rainx windshield washer fluid works well, but in my experience it does not work as well as the manually applied version.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree with HondaHummer, the rain-x you put in the washer bottle doesn't work as well as the stuff you "wax" on. Take the 10 minutes and manually put on 2 coats per the instructions.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You can wax your Element right away if you like. The paint process is different now than yester-year.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Dirty windshields are one of my biggest pet peeves - right behind getting freshly donned socks wet 'cuz somebody dripped water all over the bathroom floor after she took a shower. :roll:

So, that said, I've been a Rain-X convert for years. As others have said, it is well worth the little dab of time required to apply a couple of coats a few times a year. I've noticed that they now offer Rain-X in a larger, spray bottle. Anyone know if this is the same stuff (and same strength) as what comes in the little yellow bottle?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I love rain-x. We put in on ever vehicle we have.

We start off with the hand apply stuff, and use the orange stuff (rain-x mix) in the winter time. It melts ice off the windshield great, and also helps keep the rain beading up.

We also use the rain-x add in stuff. You put it into your regular washer fluid mix, and it applies rain-x itself whenever you wash your windows.

It is not quite as good as when you apply it by hand, but it does work great (on a clean window). Your window needs to be clean before you start applying the stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with the rainx windshield wiper fluid....It works wonders and you dont have to worry about the hassel of putting it on yourself.... :mrgreen: I give it two thumbs up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts