Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aladdin and I will be camping for the next couple of months and we needed more gear room. Read all the posts on sleeping platform, took out his crate, and this is what I came up with.

3/4" plywood, with 2" foam, covered with Sunbrella (waterproof, dog nail proof, easy to vacuum or cover with a towel). Easy to remove. Didn't alter the E in any manner. Stable enough for me to stand on to access the Ecamper Ursa Minor will install in July. Approx 12" storage height underneath his bed.

So far, he loves it because he can see out the windows without standing up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Good job! That's one happy looking pup.

Good luck with the Ecamper Ursa Minor install. We will need to see pictures when it's done. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Awesome job! I was wanting to do something that required very little install time and no modifications to the E. What are the black bands around the legs? Anchors to tie to the anchors in the seat slots?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, lordbroil

Yes, just black strips with snaps - nylon strip is stapled to the wood on one end, wrapped around the seat slots, back around the wooden leg and snapped shut.

Tried to attach images. This is new to me, ,so don't know if, 1. My camera shot was clear enough and 2. if I actually attached it to this email.

The longer straps and caribiners are used to secure Aladdin's dog crate - but since no dog crate on this trip, might as well be used to prevent the raised bed from sliding forward.

Awesome job! I was wanting to do something that required very little install time and no modifications to the E. What are the black bands around the legs? Anchors to tie to the anchors in the seat slots?

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm shopping for an E right now, and this is why I want one. So I can camp with my pups!! Thank you for the posts and pics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts