Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up to 70K miles on an 03 EX. Up until 3 months ago I have had NO issues then little things here and there started to happen - but this one is driving me crazy.

Front end passenger size rattle - not always there - seems to happen more in the morning (cold) more of a slow loose tap now and then - maybe when going down a bump rather than over one and can happen on a slightly rough road - but it's not always there. Had things checked out got 2 opinions....A: strut mount bearing loose - $1200 to replace all front suspension maybe B: timing belt loose/stretched hitting the cover now and then.

Question - whats the recognized rattler from the front dash sound like - is it like this??

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Coming up to 70K miles on an 03 EX. Up until 3 months ago I have had NO issues then little things here and there started to happen - but this one is driving me crazy.

Front end passenger size rattle - not always there - seems to happen more in the morning (cold) more of a slow loose tap now and then - maybe when going down a bump rather than over one and can happen on a slightly rough road - but it's not always there. Had things checked out got 2 opinions....A: strut mount bearing loose - $1200 to replace all front suspension maybe B: timing belt loose/stretched hitting the cover now and then.

Question - whats the recognized rattler from the front dash sound like - is it like this??

Anyone got any ideas?
I know this is a 10 year old post, but did you ever figure out what it was?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts