Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a rattle in the left passeger door when I go over a bump, uneven pavement, driveway or anything that torques the chassis. Anyone else notice this ? :?: Sounds like their is play in the latch mech., but doesn't feel loose.. Driving me nuts !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
[quote:c5b8a4cf82="Kizzz"]:evil: I've had my car for 3 weeks now, and in the last week I've noticed a new vibration that sounds like its coming from the left of the driver's seat, just behind or next to my ear when I'm driving. Its a short vibration that goes straight up my spine and gives me the chills!!! I can't identify where its coming from because I never know when its going to happen and it isn't sustained. Its like somebody turns on an electric razor right next to my ear and then turns it off right away. By the time I turn my head its gone!

I was thinking it might be the rear passenger window on the driver side or the speaker on the door. I've tried turning the radio off to see if it still happens but I haven't been able to tell. I'm going to drive home today with no radio on to see if it happens (thats going to be tough with an hour commute).

Has anybody experienced this...better yet, has anybody identified where this is coming from or solved it? If I can't figure it out soon, I'm going back to the dealer, but its going to be one of those things that you can't really explain or identify, and I'll have to hope it happens when I have the dealer in the car.[/quote:c5b8a4cf82]

I put up a post with a similar complaint. I think we may be having the same experience. I'm now thinking that my problem is with the adjustable seatbelt vibrating (I don't know if thats what you are talking about with the latch mech). Please let me know if you figure anything out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could be right about the seat belt adjuster, a maddening noise. tried to feel a vibration with my hand while the car is motion but no luck. But I think you are right, the door feels solid enough. thanks andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES..MY DOOR ALSO RATLLES/SQUEAKS WHEN GOING OVER BUMPS ETC.
WHAT REALLY IS ANNOYING IS THE RATTLE IN THE DRIVERSIDE DASH. IF I PRESS DOWN ON IT I CAN MAKE IT STOP BUT AS SOON AS I STOP..IT STARTS. ONCE AGAIN LIKE THE ROCKING SEAT IT PROBABLY ISN'T ANYTHING THE DEALER CAN FIX. THE RATTLING IS GETTING LOUDER TOO.
ANYONE ELSE HAVE A RATTLING DASH??

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer just put some felt insulation under the corners of the dash where it meets the A piller to fix vibration, I mentioned it to them whilie they had the dash apart to put in the CD changer and all is well now.

MT

·
Registered
73 Posts
Felt the same rattling on the passenger side door. Took it back to dealer and they tightened the seat belt adjuster mechanism. I still felt it afterward but suddenly it went away, don't feel it now. Maybe I just got used to it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is probably different, but I found I can't leave the left rear back seat up and out of the way because of a noise it generates on even small bumps that drive me crazy.

Was releaved to note it could be eliminated by putting the seat down, but even so. Should not have to be that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts