Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 day old 100 mile Element developed a banging rattle sound in the rear area. I crawled under and noticed the right rear sway bar nut loose as a goose. The other side seemed okay when I checked. I am shocked and wonder what else was not tightened properly. I always thought Honda's were a quality car but like others I am begining to wonder about my purchase now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yo Mark II,

I don't really agree with your conclusion as the result of one issue. However, if you want to unload your E, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. However, I'll expect a full tank of gas or No Deal! ;-)

yelapa

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I didn't say I was ready to get rid of it yet. However, this is the first foriegn or small car I have ever purchased and even though it's fun and sporty it is kinda built like a toy. I'm afraid if I drive very hard it will suffer from it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I didn't mean to cause offense. If it's any consolation, i had a new Mercedes Benz a few years ago. Three days after purchase I heard a big clatter and smelled gas. Turned out that a huge bolt on one of the engine mounts had come off, taken a crazy bounce and nicked the fuel line. I got it fixed under warranty of course, but eventually came to wish it would have caused a complete burn down. That Benz was the worst vehicle I have ever owned from a maintenance standpoint and it was uncomfortable and underpowered to boot.

I am sure you will get the teething problems worked out and have better luck with your E!

yelapa

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 97 Accord with 135k miles on it. I have driven that beast like a teenager. I slammed the break. I slammed the gas. But she never gives out on me. Don't be so concerned about the Element. I owned two American cars before the Element. One caught on fire, the other one had something break every month and it only had 85k. I have owned two other Honda's. I have never had too many problems and many, many miles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not worried about the design or engineering, I am concerned though about the American assembly in Ohio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts