Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there!

i'm just new here despite having a 3-year old E (celebrated her birthday last June 30). other than a chip in the windshield (kind of normal here in calgary), and the usual wear & tear (doesn't include the hubby backing it onto a car in a parking lot), she's still doing great (34k clicks, not bad)!

anyways, i just noticed that the driver side window rattles when it's open and we're driving. no problem on operating it as it works fine. is it worth it to bring her to the shop/dealership just for that or we can just wing it by having the hubby just check on it? have him pop the door panel and check it through? any advice? thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, My Element had the same rattle. They replaced the regulator under warranty,it stopped for a while,then returned. I removed the door panel and found the noise was from the window glass guide rattling on the rail it runs on. I greased the rail and all was silent.....It has been a year since I have done this and the noise has not returned. While the door panel is off and the window up,clean the window channels and lightly spray them with silicon. If you search there are good DIYs on removing door panel in the forum

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys... just downloaded that 'removing the door panel' tutorial from this forum, just in case. i'm just wondering if it is still covered by the warranty (we got it new 3 years ago) though, as i am still trying to locate the papers. i don't want to pay some extra money to the dealership just in case it's not covered, when we (or the hubby) can do it himself.
anyways, thanks for the input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the regulator the issue or is it something else? Mine rattles when the window is three quarters to a half way down. The noise/rattle comes from the top area of the door near the back part of the window opening, not towards the windshield. I'll check the door panel removing thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts