Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday when I was at McDonalds and driving beside the building, when I pushed the gas pedal down, with the engine sound I heard something that sounds like the exhaust pipe rattling. could it be anything other than that? i read somewhere that a CAI would fix that but im not sure. will check the exhaust pipe and headers to see if anything is loose. maybe its the catalytic converter making noise that I have just never noticed before.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a bumping sound coming from the rear that I thought was a loose spare tire.
After doing some research here I am hoping the problem is the rear sway bar bushings. I'm picking them up and installing them tomorrow.
I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If its not the rear sway bar bushings check the rear shocks to see if they are leaking oil out of the top and if so that could be your problem.

·
Registered
963 Posts
yesterday when I was at McDonalds and driving beside the building, when I pushed the gas pedal down, with the engine sound I heard something that sounds like the exhaust pipe rattling. could it be anything other than that? i read somewhere that a CAI would fix that but im not sure. will check the exhaust pipe and headers to see if anything is loose. maybe its the catalytic converter making noise that I have just never noticed before.
Catalytic heat shield is loose.?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Could be that or maybe you lost an exhaust hanger (support). Try gently moving the exhaust by hand or foot; I could get my exhaust to make the metal clang by moving it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts