Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Your suggestion for best battery.

Was a little taken back with the charge at the Honda garage today for a new battery and it says "Honda" on it. Do you have a favorite battery you buy that has more life to it and so forth than one from the "Honda" garage? Thanks in advance for your assist. :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
get one of the good ones from walmart. they are made by johnson controls, the same people that manufacture the sears diehard batteries. this is directly from a good friend that has worked at sears tire center for over a decade. they are either red or gold, cant remember.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Costco has a similar deal, made by Exide.

I plan to replace mine with an Optima battery when the time comes. Expensive but last longer and are more rugged than conventional batteries.

Check this site out for more battery info than you need: http://www.batteryfaq.org/
I've run an Optima Yellow Top and Red Top in my Prelude for several years and love them. When my battery eventually dies in the Element, i'll likely go with an Optima.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For the every day users the die hard is the only way to fly.

Die hard, Fords motorcraft, and few others which are all Johnson Controls
Exide is a second for me.

I have an interstate in my E now, but it came with it. When it fails it will get a die hard.
Optima batterys are OK but I think they are more for the off road driver I see them an awfull lot for jump starts. Gel cells tend to fail suddenly without warning, regular old lead acid batterys typically die slower.

Batterys are all about how you take care of them, mainly keeping them clean, and not deep discharging them very often.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts