Honda Element Owners Club banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
2010 Honda Element in my color

This is an E Mail I just got from a dealership. Looks like they piled on a lot of fluff charges. I E Mailed them back asking what an Appearance Package is. It has been years since I bought a vehicle.

The Vehicle: 2010 Element EX 4WD
Your Special Internet Price $22,126.*

Price includes the Appearance Package a $595.00 value added at no charge.

*Price plus tax, license, processing fee, finance charges, destination charge $710, $750, or $780. Special pricing cannot be combined with any other offers. While every effort has been made to ensure display of accurate data, this listing may not reflect all accurate vehicle items. All Inventory listed is subject to availability or prior sale and this price quote will expire in 72 hours or the end of the month which ever comes first and is on in stock units only. Please consult your Internet Representative for details.

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is an E Mail I just got from a dealership. Looks like they piled on a lot of fluff charges. I E Mailed them back asking what an Appearance Package is. It has been years since I bought a vehicle.

The Vehicle: 2010 Element EX 4WD
Your Special Internet Price $22,126.*

Price includes the Appearance Package a $595.00 value added at no charge.

*Price plus tax, license, processing fee, finance charges, destination charge $710, $750, or $780. Special pricing cannot be combined with any other offers. While every effort has been made to ensure display of accurate data, this listing may not reflect all accurate vehicle items. All Inventory listed is subject to availability or prior sale and this price quote will expire in 72 hours or the end of the month which ever comes first and is on in stock units only. Please consult your Internet Representative for details.
Wow that's a really good price on an EX 4wd! The dealerships around here are trying to sell them for almost $25,000 :twisted:
The appearance package sounds stupid, and I personally would refuse the destination charge. I paid $300 for tax, license, processing and finance, though my Honda dealership covered all those under processing.
All those extra fees are just ridiculous.

·
Registered
78 Posts
appearance package

Our appearance package consists of :
Mudguards (Protects the expensive vehicle metal from debris flown up from the wheels)
Wheel Locks (Protects the rims/wheels of the vehicle from being stolen, only you have the key)
Pinstripes (Optional appearance lines that streak across the body of the car)
The appearance package is a $595 value that is installed on all of our cars to strengthen resell value, and it
is yours free of charge.

Still have to decide if I shall give up my old trusty pick up truck. I get 20 mpg on the interstate.

·
Registered
660 Posts
haha wow you can get mud guards and wheel locks online for about $100. I'll take anything free though. Personally I turn my nose up at pin stripes on the Element, I'm not a fan, but it's personal preference.

What exactly is holding you back?

·
Moderator Eh?
12,105 Posts
Our appearance package consists of :
Mudguards (Protects the expensive vehicle metal from debris flown up from the wheels)
Wheel Locks (Protects the rims/wheels of the vehicle from being stolen, only you have the key)
Pinstripes (Optional appearance lines that streak across the body of the car)
The appearance package is a $595 value that is installed on all of our cars to strengthen resell value, and it
is yours free of charge.

Still have to decide if I shall give up my old trusty pick up truck. I get 20 mpg on the interstate.

Nothing in life is free. Pass on the "appearance package" and ask them to knock $595.00 off the price. They hid they cost of the package in the price of the vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Element buying info

HI i did what JOE the starter of this thread did. i went to YAHOO AUTO and went in to the ELEMENT AREA. after configuring the page it took me to my nearby ,so called dealers and started emailng them . i told them what i wanted and asked for a OUT THE DOOR PRICE , (all fee&taxes,ie everything included). IT WORKED. i love my BOX!!:):):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer invoice?

I'm looking to buy a 2011 LX AWD. How do I go about finding the dealer invoice? All of the places recommended in the first post LOOK like scam sites. I'm not saying they are, but they want personal information including phone number or they want me to pay to find out the price. Any help?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 2011 LX AWD. How do I go about finding the dealer invoice? All of the places recommended in the first post LOOK like scam sites. I'm not saying they are, but they want personal information including phone number or they want me to pay to find out the price. Any help?
Have you tried http://www.kbb.com/ ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Extended warranty. I spent $15000 for a warranty bumper to bumper from a Honda dealer when I bought my Element new and never used it. I did change all my fluids more than regularly and drove the truck sensibly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Resurrecting this thread because I'm in the market for a new E. How would you modify the advice since now the E's are so few and far between on dealer lots? I need all the leverage I can get. Right now, the recall issue is holding me back. I've found a few that I like with reasonable milage, but I have not walked onto a dealer lot to discuss actually buying one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Resurrecting this thread because I'm in the market for a new E. How would you modify the advice since now the E's are so few and far between on dealer lots? I need all the leverage I can get. Right now, the recall issue is holding me back. I've found a few that I like with reasonable milage, but I have not walked onto a dealer lot to discuss actually buying one.

I am also looking for an Element. What are the recall issues? I have found several high mileage ones within 200 miles some selling for ridiculous prices but everyone who has had one of these vehicles wants another one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am also looking for an Element. What are the recall issues? I have found several high mileage ones within 200 miles some selling for ridiculous prices but everyone who has had one of these vehicles wants another one.
Airbags. Go to the recall section of this forum for more info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at 2008 E with 20,000 miles

I'm looking at a 2008 with 20,000 miles on it. Real clean, clean carfax, looks great. Suspicous of low mileage. Asking 16,000, book says 14,000. Any advice on getting them down from 16?

·
Registered
107 Posts

If it has a clean carfax, buy it now!! the miles are great. If you don't buy it I take the info and buy it. It a element!!8)

141 - 160 of 160 Posts