Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 2004 EX AWD and they have it listed as burnt orange, now I am wondering if there are two orange colors that year as I've seen other 2004's listed color as sunset orange pearl. Also, besides getting my own inspection done and a test drive, how sure can I be with a carfax? I've read some not so good reviews about the seller. I think it is a good price at $7500 with 114k

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I can only help you with the color. It is a sunset orange pearl or SOP.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I am considering a 2004 EX AWD and they have it listed as burnt orange, now I am wondering if there are two orange colors that year as I've seen other 2004's listed color as sunset orange pearl. Also, besides getting my own inspection done and a test drive, how sure can I be with a carfax? I've read some not so good reviews about the seller. I think it is a good price at $7500 with 114k
How knowledgeable can they be, if they can't even get the colour right?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Carfax is next to worthless. It may show if a vehicle was in an accident, so it's not a bad thing to check. But I have personally seen many vehicles that I know were in accidents with a clean Carfax report. So take it with a HUGE grain of salt if the report comes back clean.

If your mechanic says something doesn't look right, listen to him.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ditto on the Carfax being pretty worthless for accidents. First anything under $3000 in damage without a police report is not reported. Second- any repairs made by a shop that does not use the modern computerized VIN based estimating and ordering system will not show up. Carfax also doesn't give any info about catastrophic mechanical failures or recurring problems. It IS good for seeing the number of owners and liens the vehicle has in its past.

Have a mechanic you trust check it over, and then go with your instincts. If it feels right to you--any real doubts-walk away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts