Honda Element Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
New guy here... I have read this thread a couple of times and I think I know what I need. The only question I have is... Does anybody know what the terminal part number is for the switch. Yes I know that you can get the pig tails... It's that I just like to run wires without any splices. It a pet peeve thing and nothing more...

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok... Part number 04320-SP0-A00 is a "pig tail" What is it? It's a piece of wire. On one end there is a terminal crimped on. All I want to know is what is the part number for the crimped terminal.

It should be one of these part numbers...

P/N 07JAZ-001320A
P/N 07JAZ-001330A
P/N 07JAZ-001340A
P/N 07JAZ-001350A
P/N 07JAZ-001360A (this is for connector "X")
P/N 07JAZ-001370A
P/N 07JAZ-001380A
P/N 07JAZ-001400A
P/N 07JAZ-001410A

As noted, the part number that is bold above is for connector X on the back of the fuse box.

I don't like to splice wires and if I can get the switch end terminal I can run a wire without any splices...

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Ah, OK. The search for 07JAZ-001360A was long and extensive, but no one in this thread has tried to find the equivalent terminal for the wiper switch because 04320-SP0-A00 and 04320-SP0-B00 were known and readily available since this conversion was first published.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there guys!

Firstly, i must apologise for barging into EOC like this. I am in fact a Civic owner from the UK but found this thread most useful in researching the intermittent wiper mod.

Was hoping to return the favour if possible...
Having tried to obtain the pigtails mentioned in the thread, it turns out they have been discontinued, and apparently no stock remains in the entirety of Europe!!

Searching again revealed the same pigtails being used in other Honda models, and i eventually nailed down the part #'s to two variants of the same terminal pins (same connection, but able to run different gauges of cable, as the variance is at at the end where the cable is attached)

So for the larger cable, the part # is: 07JAZ-001090A

And the smaller cable: 07JAZ-001250A

I must confess i have not dared to go through with the mod yet, have also been to the scrap yard and cut the relevant connectors from a car, but wanted to get the terminal part numbers right for the benefit of others.

Despite not having done the mod yet, these terminal pins do at least seem to clip perfectly into the wiper switch, so i hope that proves of use to some of you guys!

Thanks for reading!

James.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys! :)

I realise it is not quite a forgone conclusion, but at least the parts themselves are relatively cheap, so perhaps getting one or two for the purposes of final proof wont break the bank (dont mean to sound pushy there! lol!)

A little dark/blurry, but here are some pictures:

Got some pin crimps ordered, but never done any such work before, so glad i have some spare cable and connectors to practice!
Space in the Civic is probably even tighter than the E, and the whole X connector part is a cause for concern.

Silly question, but would you guys recommend disconnecting the battery for the procedure?
Dont suppose these parts are a "hot" section of the cars electrical system, but would be glad of your input on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Think i will have to accept defeat on this one :x

Dont know how the Element is for space, but i can barely touch the X connector with one hand in the Civic :-(

Managed to remove the X connector in the scrapyard car by loosening the UDFR box and yanking it down, but in all honesty i dont want to risk breaking something in my daily driver.

Total removal of the multiplex unit might leave space, but feel it is too risky for a novice like me, very disappointing having come this far.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's tight in there and uncomfortable getting to it but it's not that difficult. Maybe get help from someone with small hands. One of the best mods I made to my Element.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's tight in there and uncomfortable getting to it but it's not that difficult. Maybe get help from someone with small hands. One of the best mods I made to my Element.
Can empathise with that, it would be epic in the Civic too, but even with small hands on the job i doubt two could be employed in the space available.
The upper part of the clutch assembly and the steering column linkage foil much hope with the UDFR in situ.

Planning to have various works done at a Honda tuner, so it may be a case of talking to them.
Perhaps tackling removing the box with a bunch of tools/experts available could ensure it has a happy ending, they might find motivation in being able to provide the upgrade to customers in the future!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to keep going on about my Civic guys, but just for the record, i worked smarter rather than harder, and now have OEM variable intermittent wiper function too!! :)

Just want to say many thanks for laying out the necessary information in such a comprehensive and accessible fashion, it was a huge help.

Hope the part numbers i found work for the Element, as it would be at least some return for the favour this guide has been to me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome, BB Baboonface. Thanks for "barging in" with some valuable information!

As soon as someone actually uses one of those parts successfully in an installation, I will add the numbers to the first post in this thread.
Just got the parts in today that BB Baboonface suggested, and I can confirm that they both fit on the wiper switch side. 07JAZ-001090A is for larger gauge wire, whereas 07JAZ-001250A is for smaller (and is consistent with terminal part #07JAZ-001360A).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
This is pretty kickass. Is the original poster still around? How did he figure this out? (Disclaimer: I didn't read the entire thread)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got the parts in today that BB Baboonface suggested, and I can confirm that they both fit on the wiper switch side. 07JAZ-001090A is for larger gauge wire, whereas 07JAZ-001250A is for smaller (and is consistent with terminal part #07JAZ-001360A).
Really pleased to hear that, thank you for taking the time to prove they also work on the Element.
Nice that the last piece of the puzzle has fallen into place.

Thanks to this guide, i think i am the only guy in the UK to have this mod on their Civic, useful too, as UK weather is normally on the damp side!
More mature forum members over here appreciate the efforts involved, and the results, most of the "cool kids" dont want to know unless it is a useless tow hook, or a set of illegal HID's!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Really pleased to hear that, thank you for taking the time to prove they also work on the Element.
Nice that the last piece of the puzzle has fallen into place.

Thanks to this guide, i think i am the only guy in the UK to have this mod on their Civic, useful too, as UK weather is normally on the damp side!
More mature forum members over here appreciate the efforts involved, and the results, most of the "cool kids" dont want to know unless it is a useless tow hook, or a set of illegal HID's!
No, thank you for finding the part numbers! Much better than buying a 10 pigtails. You can order them in the exact quantity you need too.

Finished the install today. Why'd I wait so long to do this!? It's too simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Such a great mod isnt it? Glad your install went well.

Incidentally, made a Civic specific guide, afraid to say used about 3 images from this thread, as they were the best i could find.

The images are marked, and i credited EOC in the text in reference to the marked images, hope that is okay...

·
Registered
4 Posts
To All that helped line this out, THANK YOU! Installed last night and it went great. Haven't been this excited for rain in while. Now the wipers on the Lego (Element) work just like the ones on our Duplo (Pilot)!

My only advice is that the locking features on the switch connector are side specific. Both of mine broke off the tethers while opening them. (Probably the hardest part of the mod.) So I snapped the first one onto the wrong side.

Again, thank you soo much. This mod makes my E safer to drive and my family and I thank you!

181 - 200 of 219 Posts