Honda Element Owners Club banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kudos to all after my successful install on the 08 E! Just started snowing here during my install so my intial test drive was in real world conditions. Worked a treat!

I had to file off the tabs on my x connector pins or they wouldn't seat in the connector shell fully. I used the suggested pins that our Brit friend posted.

Thanks for this mod!!

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I popped out to Safeway in a monsoon to pick up coffee and cream and apparently I'd done this mod on the new E and just forgotten about it. Its so nice to have.

I can't believe I forgot. I've got an extra used switch since I bought an entire pilot stalk harness with both left and right switches (foglight switch on the stalk & Audio steering wheel control harness came in the same package).

If anyone needs a switch, PM me. It's just in the garage. I probably also have the pigtails you need because I've been in yards recently scavenging wiring harnesses. If you just need pigtails I'll need a nicely worded note send to me with a stamped return envelope and I'll send you what you need.

Cheers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
;-)

I'll need a nicely worded note send to me with a stamped return envelope and I'll send you what you need.
Hey Crush!

Newer to the Element still, but am wanting to jump on all the amazing mods the community has posted.

Any chance you still have that unit and wires laying around? Ive got a few extra words I could throw on some paper and send your way ;). PM me your address and I can get something sent your way.

Im getting excited for this winter, Ive been Plasti-Dipp'n the new Pick N Pull wheels the past few days. Cant wait to have some handy wipers too!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I do have pigtails. PM me for my address.

For the control stalk I'm probably trying to get $15-20 for it plus the cost of shipping (probably a middle flat rate, but maybe small ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) I'll check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this great thread!

I was worried that I was going to necro this thread but seeing activity as recently as last week, I feel no shame.

THANK YOU for this fantastic write up!

My wife has had this one complaint about her Element since she bought it. She mentioned it to me about a week ago and I happened upon this phenomenal thread. One trip to the scrap yard and about 30 minutes at home tonight and it is done. It works flawlessly.

I normally just lurk and pull information out of these forums but I really wanted to say thank you so I decided to register. Thanks again!

~FZ

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
A+ first post. Welcome.

Congrats on finding the forums. So many weird people did weird things to these cars over the years. I still thank them weekly for writing most of it down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm very interested in doing this mod...I'm about to buy my father-in-law's 2003 Element. I'm coming from an Accord that has variable intermittent wipers and use them all the time, so I'd be pumped if I could get this feature in my soon-to-be Element. Cursh...do you send the pigtails to Canada?

One thing...I can't see the pics at the start of the thread! Not sure why...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two sets of the pigtails with the proper terminals installed. They are free to anyone that sends me a self-address stamped return padded envelope. Send me an email since I forget to check this board regularly [email protected]. I will post again after they both have been claimed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for this great DIY thread.

Earlier tonight, I successfully completed the mod and am happy to report that it works like it should.

It was only after I stumbled upon this thread that found out that I could actually make use the extra functions of BOTH switches from my Pilot stalk swap that I did 2+ years ago!

I ordered the pigtails (set of 10) and crimp terminal female pins (set of 4) the from Honda's e-store and picked them up from one of my local dealers.

Besides a bit of guess work due to pics missing from the earliest post, and my laziness to locate others, the only other thing I would caution is that, at the X connector - like at the switch - the wires need to be thin sleeved, as you'll need insert wire and sleeve, far into the connector's receptacle.

After searching for the same gauge wire locally, with no joy, I ended up cutting 2 pigtails in half, attaching the X connector pins (?) to the excess halves then splicing them onto the ends of a sufficiently long wire (with the too-thick sleeve).

PM me if you are looking to do this mod and are in need of pigtails and or a pair of connectors terminals.

'08 EX AT AWD - 200K+

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two sets of the pigtails with the proper terminals installed. They are free to anyone that sends me a self-address stamped return padded envelope. Send me an email since I forget to check this board regularly [email protected]. I will post again after they both have been claimed.
The pigtails are now gone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The wire length should be exactly 28" to run alongside the factory harness. I used small zip ties to hold the wires to the factory loom.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No problem. The whole thread was missing useful pics so I figured I'd document as I did the mod. It was very easy and the intermittent wipers are nice.
It's really as simple as running two wires from the back of the fuse box to the switch and swapping the switch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What would nice is just a brief detsiled parts required to make this upgrade.

Make/Year/Model of source vehicle
Switch
Pigtails
Extra wiring (colors and gauge)
Etc.

Basically, a full parts list that is required. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
All of the info you asked for is literally on page 1 of this thread.
I sourced my pins from a wrecked element.

As in my pics, you hook the "red square" on one connector to the "red square" on the other, and the white to white.

You need exactly 28" of small gauge wire. The gauge doesn't matter much as this is a sensor, not current carrying wires.

201 - 219 of 219 Posts