Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to know how many e's are daily drivers and roll low. my e has been droped on springs and now teins since 03.i have my basics set 1/4 inch above teins listed drop.thanks.pics would be cool also:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yo

HEY box-

I just had my E dropped on Tein Basics today, and yah its a daily driver.

I don't have much experience with the ride quality. I wasn't able to be at the shop while they calibrated it but they probably set it according to the installation manual.

It's too dark to take before/after pix

Did you have springs or Coilovers installed on stock 16" alloy rims like i do?

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I bought my "E" brand new in March of 2005 and had Eibach Springs on it for the fist two and a half years. I've had the Teins Basic Coil Overs on for the last two years and I've put 50,000 miles on my ride and I am sitting very low and have never had any problems.

Chief

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Thanks, most appreciated! That area there is kind of narrow, only about 5", so I was able to find a nice set of 3" fog lights and they fit perfect in that spot.

Chief

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
You've got the stance just right, and it really looks good! Now let's get around to a little TLC on that paint, black is NOT a color that will be ignored! ;-)

Chief

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lol

Haha- I just finished waxing what i could before the sunlight was lost. (Meguiar's 3 Step)

I am even more in love with my E now that i have personalized it (Aside from the Pioneer DEH-9800BT Headunit and Memphis 12" sub).

I'm starting to obsess. Good thing I'm working alot right now!:D

NEXT: Change interior headlight color to black...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have to say now that its getting colder in n.y i wish i could be in cali to enjoy the weather and not have to swap out my wheels all the time.:mad:someday maybe

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
i have to say now that its getting colder in n.y i wish i could be in cali to enjoy the weather and not have to swap out my wheels all the time.:mad:someday maybe
Your ride has got a sweet SoCal look to it and it would fit in very nicely! We'll have to make you and honorary member of the "SoCal Crew" and send you one of our decals. Today it is almost 90 degrees and definitely sunny! :D

Chief

·
Registered
9 Posts
just dropped

hey all, I just recently had some suspension work done on my 07 EX. I need to get a camber kit installed to accomodate the squat I got from putting on 245/55 18s. I figured while the links were getting replaced, I would go ahead and swap the stock springs for the eibachs.
Question; anyone experience any difference/issues with steering after drop?
I hear some clicking coming from somewhere in the steering and I wondered if anyone noticed the same.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
If it's a clicking sound, then it's more than likely probably coming from your negative rear camber (happens more on the 4WD than the 2WD Elements). But, it should go away after you install your rear camber kit, front camber bolts, and have the front and rear end properly aligned.

Chief

·
Registered
9 Posts
My paranoia is with there possibly being an effect on the steering angle after lowering. The sound is almost distincly rack/pinion and happens only at parking speeds in a tight turn.
Everything thing else you describe is right on, but I have all the camber adjustment installed and it's been aligned/toed on the digital rack.
Thanks for your response.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I've been seriously lowered for almost five years now and I've never had any steering problems, but that should be an easy one to check out by your mechanic.

Chief

1 - 20 of 20 Posts