Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear all season floor mat in my E slides all over.
The front mat has little brackets that hold it in place but the rear mat doesn't have anything.

When people get in and out of my back seat it slides all over.
Does anybody have any easy fixes to hold this in place?
I thought of velcro squares but not sure if those will adhere to the rubber mat and the floor in the Element.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
409 Posts
There should be bracket to hold the rear inplace as well - at least there is for the 2007 mats and up. The mounting equipment should have been included.

Since you have a 2003 it should have been all one piece I think (front/back) - you might have the wrong year

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
There should be bracket to hold the rear inplace as well - at least there is for the 2007 mats and up. The mounting equipment should have been included.

Since you have a 2003 it should have been all one piece I think (front/back) - you might have the wrong year

The 2003-2006 mats were 2 peices. One front and one rear with nothing to anchor the mats down in the rear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So does anybody know of a good way to hold down the rear floor mat so it doesn't slide all around??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thiink velcro would work pretty good. I too am having the same problem. I didnt bother installing the bracket that was supplied with the mat though it looks like it might help with this issue a little bit. I think I am gonna try the velcro thing, It should work well provided one cleans the area that the velco is going to be applied with a bit of rubbibg alcohol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
rear mat

:)
In visiting Wal-World the other day, in the work-out section, they have floor mats that would be used in, around exercise equipment. One side is treated, and the other is slip-resistant. I found one that had been damaged, torn just a little on the corner, and was at a really, really reduced cost.
Cut it to fit the passenger-side and the rear-seating areas. Driver's side already has one of the winter-style mats. Nothing slides or moves, and looks really great.
Just a suggestion that if you keep your eyes out, there are many options out there.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts