Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am browsing thru Tirerack.com for rear brakes, there seem to be two options for rears - see bolded text below. Does anyone know which one is the right part? 2006 EX-P. Thanks!

Rear Fitment
Material: Composite
Note: Rear brake pads. For models with drum style parking brake. Price: $65.00 (axle set)
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Manufacturer Part #: HB145F.570 Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Item added to cart.
View Cart / Checkout
Additional Product Information
Overview | Reviews

Hawk HPS Street brake pads (Performance Street)

Rear Fitment
Material: Composite
Note: Rear brake pads. For models with intergrate parking brake. Price: $66.00 (axle set)
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Manufacturer Part #: HB572F.570 Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you looking at something that may or may not fit? Just get the Honda pads. And there less expensive.
Brake Pads - Rear
Genuine Factory Honda Element brake pad set (for both rear wheels)
- View Delivery Time & Cost Availability:

Honda's Retail $61.74
Discount Price $46.30
http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementmaint.html
According to Tirerack they fit. Those are the his that come up when you input an Element.

If I'm gonna have to replace brakes, I'm leaning more toward a little bit more performance. I know performance and Element don't really go together, but I think a little more aggressive street pad would improve braking feel.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,948 Posts
Strictly speaking, brake pads don't stop the wheels, the discs rotors do, by dissipating kinetic energy as heat, and the tires stop the vehicle. Rear brakes provide much less than 1/3 the braking effect. That makes the front tires, not rear pads, the limiting factor in hard braking.

Since all brake pads are made from a material that conducts heat poorly, rear pad material that doesn't chew up the rotor has more effect on pad life than on stopping power.

If you want to use an aftermarket rear pad set, look up the ceramic pads available from major manufacturers on a couple of autoparts sites, add $10 for the other parts that Honda has included in its ceramic pad kit price ($56 incl S/H from H and A).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts