Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! First time on line with a 2008 EX--
A lady ran into the back of my E yesterday in the rain.
I saw no damage to my E and her front license plate was damaged. We hugged and got out of the rain and parted - no name, no police, no nothing! Dumb! (My family is really upset with me!) This morning I tried to open the tailgate to load the wheelchair and the tailgate won't go down - it hits the top of the rear bumper. If I put the tailgate down it will crack the bumper off at the top. I know nothing and I have seen no threads about the REAR BUMPER - i.e replacement, adjustment, repair etc.
It appears that the bumper might be in two pieces, but I'm wondering if there is something underneath that would also be bent. I'm pretty handy and really doubt that I can afford having the dealer fix whatever it is....but lifting that wheelchair OVER the tailgate is more than I can do by myself. Can anyone help educate me? Thanks! :|

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
The rear bumper is one of the easiest things to change/replace on the Element..............If I can do it, anyone can - read though the threads , some have pic's

There is a plastic cover that will have to be taken off first, also, parts are cheaper @ either majestic or H&A than @ most local dealers (mine has learned to match thier prices)

easy peazy

·
Registered
508 Posts
tailgate HINGE damage

Hi! First time on line with a 2008 EX--
A lady ran into the back of my E yesterday in the rain.
I saw no damage to my E and her front license plate was damaged. We hugged and got out of the rain and parted - no name, no police, no nothing! Dumb! (My family is really upset with me!) This morning I tried to open the tailgate to load the wheelchair and the tailgate won't go down - it hits the top of the rear bumper. If I put the tailgate down it will crack the bumper off at the top. I know nothing and I have seen no threads about the REAR BUMPER - i.e replacement, adjustment, repair etc.
It appears that the bumper might be in two pieces, but I'm wondering if there is something underneath that would also be bent. I'm pretty handy and really doubt that I can afford having the dealer fix whatever it is....but lifting that wheelchair OVER the tailgate is more than I can do by myself. Can anyone help educate me? Thanks! :|
Just had the same/similar thing happen to me. You will have to go to a repair shop and have them look at it and tell you what parts they think are damaged. I'm thinking you have damaged hinges or hinges were shoved into body and are out of alignment or your bumper mounts were shoved up/into body. I just fixed my damage for $2300... I have all cosmetically and/or mechanically damaged parts available for anyone who can use them!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts