Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I got up took out the trash and looked at my E to find my rear bumper had some scrapes and scratches that weren't there yesterday. I do park on a busy street for work and suspect some other drive parked behind me and did a parking bump test to park their damn car. So anyone know a good fix for a bummed bumper? can it be fixed? Why don't other people know how to drive and park...makes me mad.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't know if there is a good fix. I have a 2006 E. The rear corner of the bumper was pushed in. I replaced the bumper. It is easy but not cheap. The bumper, new dark gray (black) trim and 5 push clips were $330.00 with tax. I was not happy but it looks good again...........Oh, I have the dark grey (black) trim. Those that have colored trim need to get them painted as well...and more $$$$

·
Registered
835 Posts
same here,,everyday i see another circle in my bumper,,,the little circles are peoples front license plate screws,,people here in nyc park by sound and feel,,so now iam in the market for a trailer hitch with a ball on it,,,let them bumped into my tow-ball..

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
IIRC the center section of the rear bumper runs about $50.

As for parking... Bumpers are for bumping. Breakage is unacceptable, scratches are a fact of life.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
So today I got up took out the trash and looked at my E to find my rear bumper had some scrapes and scratches that weren't there yesterday. I do park on a busy street for work and suspect some other drive parked behind me and did a parking bump test to park their damn car. So anyone know a good fix for a bummed bumper? can it be fixed? Why don't other people know how to drive and park...makes me mad.

Move to NYC, you'll hate the world :)

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Trailer hitch and ball on the receiver works better...lol
Just ask the 'ahem' person in the Mazda who really wasn't paying attention at a light, and rolled into me...lol
The ball pierced her rad...ROFL
That one was pretty good about it, and said it was her fault...as she called for a tow truck...

The one 2 years ago had a screaming hissy fit, and was insisting the police were called. The guy beside us even offered to be a witness, and said he would wait for the police....and pointed out to the moron that he hit me, and would be looking at charges...LOL
The dummy then tried to drive away....he didn't get far, spewing antifreeze all over the place....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prefer to stay in the NW then NY....no offense "type x" and "bigsmokes" I am sure you have more bad drivers then anybody else. Yeah my marks look like license plate bolts from another driver. I did look a little closer at the bumper and it does look like the bumper separates in a couple pieces on the 07 model. I might just only need to take the outer skin off and put a new one back on. However I just wonder if I do all that work will someone just hit my bumper again.....

·
Registered
835 Posts
I prefer to stay in the NW then NY....no offense "type x" and "bigsmokes" I am sure you have more bad drivers then anybody else. Yeah my marks look like license plate bolts from another driver. I did look a little closer at the bumper and it does look like the bumper separates in a couple pieces on the 07 model. I might just only need to take the outer skin off and put a new one back on. However I just wonder if I do all that work will someone just hit my bumper again.....
chances are yes...thats why iam in the market for a hitch with a ball...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

40 dollars and 30 minutes of work .....or 300 a clip for a respray on a "normal car....

I'll go with the 40 bux :)

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html
this is what you need.... (bottom of page)
Replacement Rear Bumper Garnish

·
Registered
868 Posts
i second the trailer ball and hitch. my mom in a suburban got rear ended at a light when the second car bounced off it bent the radiator out past the grill.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"The "NEW" People's Car"

I think I might order a rear bumper garnish, then hold off for a couple months to install it (wait for a few more bumper scratches from other bad drivers).

I also was just thinking most people know the VW Bug was "The People's Car" meaning you could work/fix on the car yourself. I think the Honda Element can also be considered "The "NEW" People's Car". I think the 2007 is the best year out of them all....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.