Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am considering buying this bumper trim....on my bumper towards the left side and bottom there is a mark from some jackass bumping me during parallel parking and i was wondering if the bumper trim would cover this up or if it justcovers the top of the bumper and also what should i use to try to remove scratches and marks from the plastic??

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've read on other posts to try laquer thinner followed by Vinylex on scratches. Haven't tried it myself yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:roll: Yeah I bought that overpriced piece of plastic but for another reason. It does not protect the rear from damage. It sits on the top of the bumper. I bought 1 inch wide side moulding from Crappy Tire hardware store for $10 to actually do the protection. BUT I needed to find a way of guiding the moulding around the bumper nicely. My solution was to buy the Honda bumper trim and use it to guide the moulding right around the whole bumper. I butt underneath the bumper trim with the moulding. It looks good and proper. All blacked out nicely. The bumper trim protects the moulding from being scraped off from the top. Its not fool proof protection but I know the first thing a post would hit is the cheap moulding.

·
Registered
121 Posts
[quote:35c75a5369="dexter19"]dstran,
does it really protect anything or is it more for looks :?:[/quote:35c75a5369]

It's a grip for your feet when you stand on it (loading stuff on the rack, etc). Its good for kids to use as a step too. Good traction. Looks nice too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It's a grip for your feet when you stand on it (loading stuff on the rack, etc). Its good for kids to use as a step too. Good traction. Looks nice too.
I did not know you could stand on the bumper. :!: [/code]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts