Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

Anyone have the rear bumper trim or planning on ordering it? Seems like it could be useful to prevent some dings, etc. when opening the tailgate or loading/unloading. If anyone has any information on installing it too, I'd appreciate it....

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i am getting it, and for the same reason to protect my llil element..

as far as i can tell it appears to be an adhesive kind.. there are no screws or other ways of attaching it so it must be a strong epoxy or other adhesive of some kind.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The rear bumper trim is attached to the underlying bumper with two-sided adhesive tape strips. the tape strips are already applied to the bumper trim when you receive it. Just wash the bumper, apply the solvent (two small tubes included) to make sure there is no wax on the bumper which might hinder adhesion, and five minutes later remove the protective paper strips which cover the adhesive strips and apply to the bumper. Line up the bumper trim carefully before placing on surface since it cannot be moved once contact is made. It adds to the appearance of the vehicle significantly.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Dr AlbertLee is right, the install is real easy. We got it (and had the dealer put it on, sorry guys). The other advantage is it does dress up the rear bumper a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts