Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a brake check today and it looks like the rear pads are ready to be replaced.
I noticed the slider pin boots have basically disintigrated. I went on e- bay and I'm not having any luck finding these... anyone know if the dealer carries these or where I can get them?
Thanks!

Also, I am ready for new tires. Using Yokohama Geolander AT-S for the past 75,000 miles or so. Now that I have 112 + thousand on the odometer, don't think I want to go that elaborate this time around.
Any suggestions? Much appreciated...

Peace.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I checked mine on Thursday and I must've pinched the rubber boots the last I did a rear brake job . so went to Honda to purchase and they're only available as a set , a caliper set at that , here # 1 :http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com.../B)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=REAR+BRAKE+(DISK)

I couldn't believe these were not sold separately , but lucky for me , my guy had a opened bag with a few items inside , so I walked away happy and can't believe I did that ........ doh . At 13 bucks , those are some expensive rubber boots .......

Good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
pin boots

NAPA in Canada sells a pack of 4 for about $10.

I find they do seem to wear out early.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help!

Honda dealer it is. I hope they can sell me the boots separately....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rape Job...

Went to a local Honda dealer today looking for the boots. the part guy told me they only sell the "kit".
"The Kit" cost $28 FREAKIN' BUCKS PER CALIPER.
Comes with pins (don't need), grease (don't need) and the boots.

56 bucks is more than I paid for the pads. BS.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:
Found the front boots ( 4 bucks each ) and the rear boots (3 and change each) on e- bay.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rear Caliper Dust Boots

Anyone here change these out yet?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Would have been nice if either Bross or Hathi had provided part numbers. Meuzick, did the boots you bought on Ebay come in packages with part numbers?

"The Kit" cost $28 FREAKIN' BUCKS PER CALIPER.
Comes with pins (don't need), grease (don't need) and the boots.
According to online sources, the kit contains boots, caliper piston seals, and some kind of lubricant (no pins, but those are available under their own part numbers). Each kit is for one wheel.

Front: 01463-SDA-A00, retail $35 online about $26
Rear: 01473-SP0-000, $19/$14

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would have been nice if either Bross or Hathi had provided part numbers. Meuzick, did the boots you bought on Ebay come in packages with part numbers?

According to online sources, the kit contains boots, caliper piston seals, and some kind of lubricant (no pins, but those are available under their own part numbers). Each kit is for one wheel.

Front: 01463-SDA-A00, retail $35 online about $26
Rear: 01473-SP0-000, $19/$14
Yeah -
They are from Wagner Brake Products
Part # H8229 Front
Part # H18010 Rear

Store was Northern Auto Parts in Sioux City, Iowa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts