Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i read all the camera and trailer wiring threads and didn't see the answers to the problems i am running into..
i have a 2004 element dx,, i think i am going to try the tailgate lock hole for the camera.
the camera is 30mm in diameter, so i may have to open the lock hole a tad.

THe wiring is my problem, and getting the rca plug to the drivers area. i am not even sure what monitor i going to use, i have a archos i can hook up to it, or if any of the new gps have a video input, i would go that route.

i was trying to find the trailer wiring harness yeaterday, figured it be asy to tap the reverse light wire there. i saw a wire to the tailgate going past the spare tire, no taps there. But i didn't remove the spare?
i tried taking off the right rear cover with the rear 12vdc jack, After removing about 6 screws and still no movement on the panel , i figured i'd stop and ask, before i spin my wheels any more. i found the site with all the mods and it seems the 2004 has a fuse and trailer connectors inside this cover.
do i have to remove all the screws to get this panel off or am i missing something?
would it be easier to just run the wires to the the drivers fuse box, this way i could switch the camera on when i wanted to. I am not sure how hard it is to remove the upper molding to run the wires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guess i got to ask the other person how he did it,
i looked at the head liner, and i cant see an easy way of getting all that off, would be easier to run the new wire under the car and find away to snake it into the fuse box area.
i was in costco and they had a magellan7 roadmate 1700, think that was the model on sale that has aux video inputs.
i don't know if i could find a position for a 7inch screen that i could see from the drivers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts