Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good carpet for the area behind the rear seats? I would like to find one that might match the blue/gray interior.

Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have seen people suggest that Home Depot is the place to look for some generic carpet.

Iskie

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found some rubber mats with deep grooves at Target. They were on sale for about $4 each. They are retangular in shape, 2 of them fit really nicely in the cargo area. In fact I got 4 more of the same mats for the front and rear seats. It fits the whole car perfectly. I got all the mats for about $24. And it really promotes the utilitarian-ness of the car. My E is not afraid of dirt!!!

George

·
Registered
64 Posts
are the Tar-get' mats gonna stay put or move around?
I really hate that. :evil:

Some velcro strips/dots might hold em :idea:

·
Registered
2 Posts
we searched at home depot and ended up getting one @ walmart. the actual dimensions of the rear cargo area floor are about 29" X 42", we found a 30 X 44 "utility" mat in the carpet section that fits well. it's a med. gray carpet with a rubberized backing that should provide a non-sliding solution. At $9.41, it can't be beat!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks element4us, that sounds like a good fit. Now I just wish I could go somewhere other then Walmart.

Later

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found that the best floor mats for the back is one of the carpet runners that has a rubber bottom. Keep the mat in place and doesn't scratch anything.

Stumpy :lol: :idea:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another board member (I think it was St.Louis Penguin) had mentioned that they had picked up a carpet from Linens N Things that fit well behind the rear seats. I went and picked one up myself and it fits pretty well, altough it is slightly oversized which makes the edges curl up just a little bit. I think it is a great fit for about 10 bucks. They had a few different colors, I think even one that was grey with blue specs. I found them right in the isle, standing up in a display box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the same thing, and am really happy with the results. I also bought the matching 'front' mats ,( house door mats). Cheep and don't slide much. I did do a little notching of rear carpet to fit around rear seat brackets and the front console. quote="element4us"]we searched at home depot and ended up getting one @ walmart. the actual dimensions of the rear cargo area floor are about 29" X 42", we found a 30 X 44 "utility" mat in the carpet section that fits well. it's a med. gray carpet with a rubberized backing that should provide a non-sliding solution. At $9.41, it can't be beat![/quote] :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
This may sound a little strange, but;
I used dark grey astro turf for the front driver and passenger foot wells!
And for the rear seating and aft compartments I used the grey
interlocking foam floor panels they use for kids play areas, I put
them upside-down with the grippy side up!
Both from home depot. :idea: :?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts