Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what bulb type goes in the high center rear brake light? (OK, so I'm lazy and haven't pulled the cover off yet.)

The lighting catalogs don't have the Element listed yet, but they say the 2002 CR-V uses a type 7440 bulb. Since the Element shares so much with the CR-V, I suppose it's possible that the Element uses the same bulb.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Read the F :!: :!: :!: ing Manual

Just kidding - IT humor :wink:

Check the owners book, I think it is in there. If not, it at least tells you how to replace all the bulbs in the E

Good Luck
Homer

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:6280cece93="canyonero"]Read the F :!: :!: :!: ing Manual

Just kidding - IT humor :wink:

Check the owners book, I think it is in there. If not, it at least tells you how to replace all the bulbs in the E

Good Luck
Homer[/quote:6280cece93]

I did, well before I asked here. The listing for the lights is like nothing you find anywhere else.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I agree, the manual is very unenlightening as to what bulbs are used. If someone can tell us, I would liek to know as well so as to have some spares on hand.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:dae68495c5="isketerol"]I agree, the manual is very unenlightening as to what bulbs are used. If someone can tell us, I would liek to know as well so as to have some spares on hand.[/quote:dae68495c5]

Well, I went out and took the light out to look. Guess what? Nothing on the bulb or holder. And, the process of taking it out broke the filament. (Cheap bulb). Now I have to make a trip to the auto parts store, so I'll find out the hard way.

I actually wanted to replace the center brake light with an LED "bulb", but I now see that this is not possible, since the bulb holder mounts the bulb at an angle, and the LEDs would not be shining at the driver behind the car. Oh, well. :?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
reedpc said:
[quote:3db41afd3b="isketerol"]I agree, the manual is very unenlightening as to what bulbs are used. If someone can tell us, I would liek to know as well so as to have some spares on hand.[/quote:3db41afd3b]

Well, I went out and took the light out to look. Guess what? Nothing on the bulb or holder. And, the process of taking it out broke the filament. (Cheap bulb). Now I have to make a trip to the auto parts store, so I'll find out the hard way.
quote]

The high center brake lamp is definitely a 7440.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts