Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is having any problems with the plastic on the top panel of the clamshell rear. (this may have been discussed but...) Mine plastic panel that covers the rear windshield wiper stuff underneath keeps coming off. Also the handle that you use to close the top, keeps coming off too. I already to it to the dealer and they "fixed" it, but it started coming off again about 3 weeks later. I was wondering if ther is a fix to that. It is really annoying and made very cheaply!!! Please help

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry, no problems here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine at one fastener point sometimes is loose and I bang it back in. I can see if more fasteners are damaged or loose the cover will not stay. Your dealer should get new fasteners for you. I think they are clips of some kind. I plan to take my cover off to see if I can make a inside hatch release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our rear clamshell piece comes loose everytime we close the door,,,,also the small inside door handle pull cups have come loose as well as the snap in piece of plastic over the rear view mirror near the windshield/ceiling area......tried to fix with some silicone...no help...we are taking it to the dealer next week!!!!!!!AAAARRRGGGHHH

·
Registered
424 Posts
At least you know how to accidently turn on your back wiper. I have owned my E for over 3 months now and i don't know how to :roll:

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:c571437928="Element"]At least you know how to accidently turn on your back wiper. I have owned my E for over 3 months now and i don't know how to :roll:[/quote:c571437928]

It's on the end of your windshield wiper stalk. Twist the end with your thumb and forefinger and it will turn on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts