Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched thru probably 200 pages and I cannot or do not know how to tell what the spoiler looks like vs the deflector. Can anyone post pictures of one vs the other please. I want something but not sure what will fit my taste. It doesnt matter what color it is since painting it will not be an issue.

Thanks for reading.

Jamie

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks now I just have to find one of the wing which shoudn't be to hard now that I know what the deflector looks like.

Jamie

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
great pic's

Here you got, I had it painted.

I was searching for just such pic's also, Thanks.
How did it attach? I have seen from the instructions where it says to attach, but I haven't found any point's that it refers to on the tailgate of my 2010.
Or should I completely remove the rubber guard to see them?
H and A has them on special!!! I may get one Monday.

Thanks
JDUDE3454

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gap between roof line & spoiler/deflector when installed ???

Hey, does anyone know if there is a gap between the roof and the factory rear wing or the rear air deflector on the E when installed ?

I'm thinking about installing one or the other. It all hinges on one thing though.... I have an external bike rack I hook up at times, and 2 of the bike rack straps hook up top into the body panel gap between the roof & rear hatch door. Would the straps pull down on a deflector or wing if I had one, or is there a gap for the straps to fit under on their way to their mounting spot. I have an '03....

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
external bike rack w/ either rear deflector or spoiler

Thanks JoJo for the quick responce...now to decide deflector or spoiler.....hmmm

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Hey, does anyone know if there is a gap between the roof and the factory rear wing or the rear air deflector on the E when installed ?

I'm thinking about installing one or the other. It all hinges on one thing though.... I have an external bike rack I hook up at times, and 2 of the bike rack straps hook up top into the body panel gap between the roof & rear hatch door. Would the straps pull down on a deflector or wing if I had one, or is there a gap for the straps to fit under on their way to their mounting spot. I have an '03....
That's what I was wondering before I got mine. There is a gap between the rear air deflector and the top of the tailgate. As soon as mine gets painted I will install and get pictures.I don't believe the rear spoiler has any gap in it at all.
The deflector has 2 places where the holes are to be drill on each side of the tailgate. Just look for them to get an idea of where the mounts are for it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Ok, I have to ask. Are there DIFFERENT spoiler designs? What is the "thin" looking one BigTzElement has?:

Here is one of the rear spoiler.

Can I install it on an '04 EX?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Ok, I have to ask. Are there DIFFERENT spoiler designs? What is the "thin" looking one BigTzElement has?:

Can I install it on an '04 EX?
That is the rear spoiler, the rear air deflector has a gap between the deflector and the top of the rear tailgate.
don't know why it wouldn't fit 04. But check H and A.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That is the rear spoiler, the rear air deflector has a gap between the deflector and the top of the rear tailgate. I don't know why it wouldn't fit 04. But check H and A.
JDude,
I know there are also deflectors, but some of the spoiler pictures don't seem to jive. For instance:

Majestic "Spoiler": (looks stubby)

H&A "Spoiler": (looks thin)

Honda "Spoiler": (looks stubby)

BigTzElemen "Spoiler": (looks thin)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I think it might be the angles from pic's. I believe they are the same.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I think it might be the angles from pic's. I believe they are the same.
I SWEAR they are different. Majestic is $20 less for me, but I am afraid to order and get stubby instead of thin, with no option to return.

·
12,179 Posts
I SWEAR they are different. Majestic is $20 less for me, but I am afraid to order and get stubby instead of thin, with no option to return.

There is only two types. The older "deflector" and the newer "spoiler".

Looking at it from 2 different angles will make them look different no matter how long you look at the pictures.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
There is only two types. The older "deflector" and the newer "spoiler".

Looking at it from 2 different angles will make them look different no matter how long you look at the pictures.
I overheard someone mention a Spoiler vs. a SC Spoiler once, but i dismissed the comment. The pictures confused me enough to start wondering.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts