Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm undecided whether or not the rear deflector improves the look of the Element or not. Does anyone know if it helps keep dirt and/or rain off the read window? Do you think it helps reduce wind drag at all?

aLan

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the spoiler on mine, It seems to keep of dirt and snow off the window. It keeps it blowing further off my E. I also like the look makes the E not look so boxy.

Nate

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was wondering too why nobody ever talks about the deflector. Is it on back-order, or does nobody (besides me) apreciate the awesome looks of it?
Nate, can you please post some real life pictures of your E withe the deflector??? Thanx!

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you look at our gallery - you can see what the spoilers look like.

Mine is the middle SOP on the fourth row, and it shows a profile of the spoiler. My dog is in the front and she's pretty spoiled also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been kicking this rear spoiler thought around for a month now… I really like the effects it gives, but I don’t like the gray plastic look on top. I think what I need to do is.. buy the spoiler, a 12oz can of “SOP” and paint it to match. Now I think that would look great! But not sure how the paint would hold up on the plastic? I guess I could be the lab rat on this one. Anyone a paint or plastic expert?

·
Registered
493 Posts
The reason I did not buy the spoiler? Well, why do ya think they call it a "SPOILER"? (Spoils the looks of the car. Sorry, that is an OLD joke from the musclecar era!) :lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
We had ordered the spoiler and the rocker panel trim when we ordered the Element. We have the Green one.

Well, the dealer called us and asked us to stop by and take a look. When they unpacked the spoiler from the box, the dealer (and guys doing the install) thought it looked wrong color wise with the Element. Yes, it does match some parts of the E, but not enough. We took a quick look, and passed on both the Rocker panel trim, and the rear air deflector (spoiler).

After driving it for a few months, I am not unhappy with our choice. The spoiler has not been something we needed. The snow, rain, etc. does not bother the back window. Once in a while you do need the wiper, but driving, the E is shaped in such a way, it does move the air. :wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RML said:

>Yes, it does match some parts of the E, but not enough.

The rear deflector wasn't the same green? On the website the rear deflector looks like it's the same colour as the Element.

aLan

·
Registered
83 Posts
[quote:4e3295dc8a="aLan_one_27"]RML said:

>Yes, it does match some parts of the E, but not enough.

The rear deflector wasn't the same green? On the website the rear deflector looks like it's the same colour as the Element.

aLan[/quote:4e3295dc8a]

The spoiler is part of an appearance package and is color-keyed to the same gray as all the items in the appearance package. The package has the spoiler, the rocker panels, a rear bumper strip, a replacement front bumper piece and a couple of other things I cann;t remember at the moment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote:4dc4baa0c2="RML"]We had ordered the spoiler and the rocker panel trim when we ordered the Element. We have the Green one.

Well, the dealer called us and asked us to stop by and take a look. When they unpacked the spoiler from the box, the dealer (and guys doing the install) thought it looked wrong color wise with the Element. Yes, it does match some parts of the E, but not enough. We took a quick look, and passed on both the Rocker panel trim, and the rear air deflector (spoiler).

After driving it for a few months, I am not unhappy with our choice. The spoiler has not been something we needed. The snow, rain, etc. does not bother the back window. Once in a while you do need the wiper, but driving, the E is shaped in such a way, it does move the air. :wink:[/quote:4dc4baa0c2]

Sure it goes with other parts of the car, if you look at these pictures, you'll see that the silver of the rear spoiler matches the following:
1.) Rims
2.) Rear bumper
3.)Front bumper
4.)Front center grill
5.)Side Steps
And if you order them, the rocker panel trim.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementsidesteps.jpg

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20033266922702052381565.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20033263466370879970933.jpg

I don't know about you, but I think it matches pretty darn well, I'm very glad I invested in the rear spoiler, it gives it a more sporty look and smoothes out the "boxy" back end.

GO USA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!! :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts