Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
the clutchpack upgrade is showing as out of stock, so i'm guessing it isn't out quite yet? That billet transfer case is baller AF lol. looks nice!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Seems like an awesome upgrade.

Too bad for me, that back in 2007 I did not want a rear sun roof or a hole in the roof.

That was the only way to get AWD.

·
Registered
230 Posts
For a layperson, what would that due for performance? Does the rear diff do anything when the front wheels aren't losing traction?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
For a layperson, what would that due for performance? Does the rear diff do anything when the front wheels aren't losing traction?
probably not.
but it would allow the rear diff to keep the rear tires moving when the front tires are losing traction.

when used for too long a period the rear diff can heat up to the point that it quits sending power to the rear tires.

·
Registered
230 Posts
In my experience, it's rarely used, as far as I can tell. When you come off the line in icy/snowy conditions it will kick in briefly 'till you get some momentum.

·
Registered
219 Posts
When i'm in low speed icy/snowy conditions, i'll turn off VSC so it won't cut power, and fully allow the rear tires to join the party.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
When i'm in low speed icy/snowy conditions, i'll turn off VSC so it won't cut power, and fully allow the rear tires to join the party.
yes, i believe that's what one is supposed to do.
(also appropriate for loose sand)
i don't do it because neither of our Elements have VSC/VSA.
(guess that means that VSC/VSA is always off. <grin>)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts