Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reasonable attempts to solve my rear window leaks, my dealer and American Honda have informed me that a Honda engineering will issue a (recall?) bulletin for replacing the seals on both of the rear door windows. All members should carefully check the inside bottom edge between the glass and rubber molding of their rear door windows for water. If you look closely, you will most likely see water between the rubber and the glass. It is a safe bet that all of the windows leak to a degree, since the latch mechanism is not able to supply enough pressure to stop water coming in from someplace higher on the window. I assume the new rubber moulding will be thicker. Also the pressure created inside your Element when you close your last door might also cause the window to push outward for a split second just enough to leak. This window molding is a water collector by design anyway. :idea: I hope they have enough sense to make the molding large enough to eliminate the water pooling and drooling you often will see after you finish detailing. :idea:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Will they be notifing all Element owners?

I haven't noticed any leaking....but I would bet over time we will all experience this issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess not since it involves 15,000+ Elements. It will be interesting to see how this design defect is handled.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Didn't mean to cause a problem.My inentions were to educate and not make this a one sided thing I'm sorry that it did not come across that way. I shall retract my statement. This was not meant to be personal but educational.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked with Matt by phone today about this issue and have removed this post and all my others as promised. I believe that Matt did not intend to offend and he shared with me that he realized that he had unintentionally written something that would be read as discrediting and this was not his intention. I beleive him and find him to be a true gentleman and a man of his word. I will look forward to giving his dealerships service department another chance. Thank you to all who have tried to help here with this problem

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey RVDIII, you need to chill, dude. Your post actually says a lot more about you than it does about the dealership. Let's try to keep things in perspective, shall we? We're talking about a window seal and a few drops of water...not the transmission falling out on the highway or something. Deep breath...and exhale.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Both rear windows on my E leak, one worse than the other. The leak was evident the day after delivery when it rained overnight. I advised my dealer and later took it in to have it looked at. I was told that Honda have had a lot of feedback on this problem as a result of a significant number of instances of leaking on one or both rear windows and any salesperson or service technician at a Honda dealer would have access to that information. (Though not a specific fix at the time).

By the way, what I found curious is that after drying the area where the leak occured, I tested it with a pressure hose and got no leak. However, the next time it rained the leak returned. The dealer said this is consistent with many of the complaints that Honda have received. I can't help wonder, since the seal is very pliable material, if the pressure hose isn't simply pushing it up against the glass and causing it to seal properly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why are you shouting (using the heavy bold type)? Certainly there have been some posts about leaking windows, but to expound on your unfortunate experiences with their service department - well the both of you may want to take this issue to the PM's and not to a public forum.

The problem with the leaking windows have been reported, and the majority of us are quite capable of detecting leaking windows for ourselves and if reading this forum can also obviously tell more than 2 reports of leaking windows have happened across the country thereby invalidating mr. bears statement. Speaking only for myself, having owned various Honda's over the years, any recall was handled swiftly.

My windows don't leak - that is lucky for me. I am sorry for the users that have this problem, but really you don't have to shout.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is bold shouting? OK! I took it off! I don't usually shout, even when I am pissed off! I just liked the way it looked.....Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a poll running at "POLL Central" for our members who have rear door window leaks. If you are having a problem please post your experience there. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
please learn how to spell and structure a sentence correctly. I don't remember when we voted you as our representative and I'm not impressed with your diatribe. :roll:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts