Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS STOPPED AT A STOP LIGHT WED AM ON MY WAY TO WORK AND A YOUNG GIRL REAR ENDED ME!!! I WAS SOOOOOOOOOO MAD! IT BARELY DID ANY DAMAGE BUT I'LL KNOW MORE AFTER TOMORROW WHEN THE ADJUSTER LOOKS AT IT AND GIVES ME THE OK TO TAKE IT TO HONDA FOR THE REAL LOOK OVER. IT LOOKS LIKE THE BUMPER IS DISCONNECTED A BIT AND THERE IS A SMALL SCRATCH ON THE END OF THE BUMPER AND THE MUFFLER IS SCRATCHED. VERY DISAPPOINTING TO HAVE A DAMAGED NEW CAR!!!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
so where is the young girls body now.. i know that is infuriating, share the estimate so we all know how much to knock someone around when they bash into our Es!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Did she hang up the cell phone to call 911, or did she keep talking?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, the estimate is in................. $541 dollars to replace the entire bumper. From the outside it didn't look too bad but the guy crawled underneath and it was cracked and there was a metal bar crunched a bit. The guy promises he will use only Honda parts but I will be asking to see the old and compare the new. She actually wasnt on the cell phone she just didn't stop in time and the road was wet and slippery. No one was hurt but I was very mad!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I took it to the repair shop today. They left a message on my cell that I just discovered and the cost is going up to 642 bucks and they want until Monday to repair it. So, more details to come. But they did say since the E is sooo new that there are only Honda parts for it, no generics.
The girl wasn't going very fast at impact. Her airbags didn't deploy.
Did anyone see Dateline last night???? We need side air bags ASAP?
Stay Tuned....
Carrie In Florida

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to let everyone know, I still don't have my E back because the bumper hasn't come in yet. They're saying the car is so new they are having to take longer to get the part. It's been a week now. They say it will only take 30 minutes to put the bumper on once they receive it. The rest of the bumper is ready.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Carrie, I'm really sorry. Your accident totally sucks and what a hassle. I did see the Dateline about Side Airs BAgs and plan to get mine ASAP. Hope your repairs go well. I guess soon we will have to have a damaged Element support group. Take care.

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote:ee78f90b69="Carrie Kopp"]The girl wasn't going very fast at impact. Her airbags didn't deploy.[/quote:ee78f90b69]
Yesterday, I saw a Volvo forget the "stop" part of being in "stop-and-go" traffic. At about 15 MPH he ran into the back of a Chevy Cavalier. Did MAJOR damage to both cars, but his airbag didn't deploy. I was really surprised. :)

Hope you get your bumper attached soon! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, eight days later I have the E back. I am soooo happy!! I am very paranoid in traffic still, I flinch every time traffic stops suddenly. The drivers here in Tampa are really bad and there are accidents every day on the way to and from work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:ad9068ea0c="aristoBrat"][quote:ad9068ea0c="Carrie Kopp"]The girl wasn't going very fast at impact. Her airbags didn't deploy.[/quote:ad9068ea0c]
Yesterday, I saw a Volvo forget the "stop" part of being in "stop-and-go" traffic. At about 15 MPH he ran into the back of a Chevy Cavalier. Did MAJOR damage to both cars, but his airbag didn't deploy. I was really surprised.[/quote:ad9068ea0c]

The Honda sales guy told me that the new generation of airbags don't deploy when the car is going under 35 miles per hour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote:81e3ebd08e="Carrie Kopp"]OK, eight days later I have the E back. I am soooo happy!! I am very paranoid in traffic still, I flinch every time traffic stops suddenly. The drivers here in Tampa are really bad and there are accidents every day on the way to and from work.[/quote:81e3ebd08e]

Hi Carrie,

I grew up just north of Tampa and learned to drive there. I can understand how nervous you must be. Between the old people asleep behind the wheels and the young people in a frenzy, it makes for some crazy driving.

I moved to Ohio and now my traffic hazards include being caught behind a tractor on a two-lane road all the way to the grocery. :)

bex

1 - 14 of 14 Posts