Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my awesome E DX 4wheel drive on monday. Discovered the rear hatch windshield sprayer not working. Dealer set an appt. to take a hard look. Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"When you say it is not working, do you mean it is not spraying or nothing coming out at all?"

It's not spraying at all. The front windshield washer spray nozzles work fine. The back nozzle isn't getting washer fluid from the front washer fluid tank. Upon a spontanous 20 minute exam ( I had just driven back to the dealer for my auto tags), they couldn't find the reason. They may need to trace the tubing back from the rear hatch to front fluid resevoir. I had to make an appt. and leave my car. I busted their balls for a rental. Good thing this dealership is within my normal work territory. Other then this small defect, the Element is awesome. Today, I'm getting my stereo installed. I'm putting in a Kenwood CD player that also plays MP3. Even though the DX doesn't have the aux jack for MP3, the new configuration is an actual advantage over the MP3 jack. I have 1000's of MP3's on my computer. I can fit approx. 100 MP3's per disc. My portable MP3 player is only 64mb. For me, this is the best alternative. $350 installed at Best Buy includes 4, 2 way Pioneer speakers which fit the standard factory speaker size hole in door is 5 1/4" . No fancy sub or other high end stuff, yet. I save that for the house.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nat,

That sucks. I am sorry that the rear washer is not working at all.

It could be the pump is not hooked up right, not working or there may be something wrong with the tube. There are a bunch of possible problems.

I hope the dealership gets it working for you, and soon.

Let me ask, when you turn on the rear washer do you hear the pump working? If so, it could be the tube. If not, it could be the pump, fuse, etc.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have had a problem before when the reservoir is low, any dirt that is in itwill be sent down the line and stick in the nozzles. The solution was to take a pin and gently poke it down the holes of the nozzles. I do hope this is not the solution for you, but it may be worth a try.

Iskie

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer will have it all day to work on it next Friday. Other then this small defect, the Element has been great. Stereo being installed today. I still have to get through the AC dealer installation. It's Planet Honda in Union, NJ. They have good inventory and gave me a comparitively better price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is the rear washer spray supposed to be like the front?
The front blasts out the fluid, but the rear just comes out
in 2 little streams. Is this normal? or is it clogged?

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
[quote:bbe01065cc=" "]Is the rear washer spray supposed to be like the front?
The front blasts out the fluid, but the rear just comes out
in 2 little streams. Is this normal? or is it clogged?

Thanks![/quote:bbe01065cc]

That's normal. My guess is since the front and rear both use the same reservoir under the hood, there is a huge pressure loss along the distance the fluid travels to the rear window (let's face it, those pumps are tiny and only good for a few feet)...so a trickle is all we get. it's effective though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
said:
[quote:db0377ad5c="2nov8"]

For my 'V, I ordered a front nozzle from H-and-A (about $5.00) and installed it in back. The fluid sprays nicely, with good pressure and coverage.

The same thing may work with the E.

:wink:[/quote:db0377ad5c]

Interesting,

How does it work at highway speeds? Does most of the spray find the window or get blown away?

·
Registered
293 Posts
[quote:a6006df6f6="bush555"]

For my 'V, I ordered a front nozzle from H-and-A (about $5.00) and installed it in back. The fluid sprays nicely, with good pressure and coverage.

The same thing may work with the E.

:wink:[/quote:a6006df6f6]

How difficult is it to swap out the rear nozzle?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.