Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to save some cash on rear suspension replacements. Mine are not in desperate need but they are rusty and will only get worse. I've found a great looking rear suspension assembly at a Pick and Pull (Sparks, NV) but that vehicle is 2WD and mine is 4WD. I'm definitely taking the rear subframe but I'm wondering if it is at all worth taking any of the other suspension parts? They appear to be the same as the 4WD setup but the knuckle and wheel bearing assembly are the most questionable as they do not have a CV joint engaged obviously. Can I use these on my car? Honda seems to be so smart with making parts as universal as possible but I know there must be limitations to that. Thanks....

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,451 Posts
According to a rockauto.com quick search (using my 2007 as an example), they do not list any difference in the wheel hub(s), except for the SC model. Control arms are not 4WD specific, either. The axle itself is listed as 4WD or not, so that is not transferable. They do not have a breakdown for any of the subframe, so no info there. :cautious:
BTW, while you're "in there", this would be a good time to replace you non-adjustable rear cambers with adjustable ones. Pretty easy to do (depending on rust level) and will result in a better alignment. Hope this helps!! :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts