Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm one of those yutz's that drive around with the dog in the back seat. I know she's gonna be plenty p/o'd that the back windows don't open, but that's her problem. My problem is finding a seatcover for the back seats to save them from wear and tear. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same question awhile ago, and someone suggested checking out Wet Okole seat covers. I plan on getting a set of rear covers that will match my official Element front seat covers. At least as closely as possible. Waterproof and easily washable are a must for my australian shepard. He loves to go swimming and then get in the car before I can dry him off... Hope this helps.

NyArtist26

here's the little bugger...

·
Registered
914 Posts
NYartist

Let us know how much it costs for the wet okole seat covers when you get it. Right now it has to be custom made right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great looking front seat covers on our E. Problem is that our kids sit in the back seat. Are there any sources that resemble or match the E front seat covers? :?:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got those Type S cushioned seat covers. They don't cover the whole seat so bungees and seat belts and LATCH anchors and releases are visible and available. I just noticed they are dirty from my kids climbing into car seats. So protecting my seats from kids and as well from the carseat itself. Got them at Walmart but Ive seen in other places. 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone found back seat covers that will fit? I would prefer one that covers the entire back seat (including cupholder). My great dane will appreciate any suggestions as he has grown weary of accidentally inserting his foot in the cupholder.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: ? re back seat covers

NYArtist I was wondering if you ever got the wet okole seat covers, and how well they are holding up to your dog. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts

For a quick fix, you can try www.petedge.com . Search for rear seat covers, there are three models to choose from and are inexpensive and washable. You must note that both seats must be down at the same time as these are not individual seat covers, just a bench type cover but it works great. Item # zw61977 $14.99

·
Registered
62 Posts

I am planning to get mine done today. I heard my friend said that the owner of the company making the seat cover had an E as well loaded with everything for show purpose. I will check it out later. I believe those seat cover cost quite a bit because they are custom made.

·
Registered
593 Posts

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but if your dog travels with you a lot, why not just pull out the back seats. You could put a dog bed in back for your pup, when they aren't looking out the window. I would worry about, in the occurence of a car accident your dog being up on the rear seat, put them at higher risk for injury, than on the floor. That is unless your dog wears a seatbelt while traveling.
Josh

·
Registered
10 Posts

My wife bought an inexpensive 3'x4' woven rug. the kind that are made out of strips of other fabric and we have that on the back seat. it works great and they are only about $12 at Target.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts

I ordered my wet Okole already and I will get it install in the first week of January. It cost about $600 for set of four. I order the one with piping and the logo said (Element by Wet Okole).

·
Registered
350 Posts

Element 2004, post pictures of your installed wet okole seat covers once you get them and don't forget to give us a review.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts