Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the easiest way to retrieve a lost rear seat adjuster loop? I can't see it down the seat hole, and I can't seem to get it with long tweezers. Is there a way to grab it or get to it. I see zippers on the seat but didn't want to get to that point. Help please!

·
Moderator Eh?
12,105 Posts
Re: Help! Lost Rear Seat Adjuster Loop!

larf8 said:
Does anyone know the easiest way to retrieve a lost rear seat adjuster loop? I can't see it down the seat hole, and I can't seem to get it with long tweezers. Is there a way to grab it or get to it. I see zippers on the seat but didn't want to get to that point. Help please!

Pull up on the cover and it will pop off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gray recline strap gone

The strap used to make my rear seat recline is gone on my 2003 H-Element, out of warranty. How do I fix it? I can't figure out how to get inside the seat cover to attach a new strap.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Re: gray recline strap gone

HBM said:
The strap used to make my rear seat recline is gone on my 2003 H-Element, out of warranty. How do I fix it? I can't figure out how to get inside the seat cover to attach a new strap.
what is "gone"? has it slipped down inside?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Gone means Gone. It is not down inside. I think it was pulled off. No one will own up to it so I don't really know what happened.

·
Registered
257 Posts

did you pop off the plastic cover and go fishing down there with a coat hanger. I just about guarantee it is in there somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts

The gray cover? do you mean the plastic strip that the strap comes through? How do you pop it off?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

HBM said:
Gone means Gone. It is not down inside. I think it was pulled off. No one will own up to it so I don't really know what happened.
oh...now I understand...one of my boys pulled off the plastic "button" thing the other day...but it appears that neither did it...if you ask them.

The service manual tells you how to do it....you have to completely dissasemble the rear seat....seat cover....etc.

It is in section 20-98 to 20-102

·
Registered
257 Posts

This has happened to me a few times before (two little ones in the back you know!), at least in my case the fix was very easy.

Just pull up on the grey plastic cover and it will pop off (no screws attaching it, just clips). Use a flashlight if needed and look in the hole for the strap. Fish around with a coat hanger to bring it up. No need to dissasemble the entire seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts

OK, OK, you were right
1. the plastic piece pops off, just pull hard, it pops back on.
2. the strap was down inside, I used a coat hanger to get it out.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
180 Posts
grey recline strap gone

I could not pop off the plastic casing you mentioned Green Machine, but I did manage to fish it back through the slot with a wire. Thanks. I can now cancel my trip to an apolsterer and the TWENTY TWO DOLLARS FOR A NEW STRAP> THANKS

·
Registered
31 Posts
rear seat recline strap

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that one of the rear seat recliner straps were missing. I don't know when it happened because I'm never in the backseat unless I'm putting my baby in her seat, or removing the seats for more cargo room. I'm going to assume it was an in-law or one of my nephews. Anyways, Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? I can't find the strap by the way, the suspect must have taken it or thrown it out. Is this covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I suspect it has just been pushed down in the slot.....make a small hook out of a coat hanger and go fishing!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
well, I just did an extensive cleaning of the interior of the E, so I decided to take the rear seat out and explore the cavernous depths of the recliner strap dwelling. I took a hanger and twisted it so that it would fit through the slot. I dug around there for a while and lo and behold, the recliner strap comes peeping out. Thanks for all the help EOC fellowship!!:D :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Back seat recliner pull

I just got a 2003 Eternal Blue Pearl EX AWD MT! Got a great deal on it on eBay and went to pick it up yesterday. Drove it home 664 miles in twelve hours (including stops). Here is the problem though. The pull tab to recline the seat back on the rear driver's side seat is not there (must have torn out). Does anybody know how to fix this problem or recline the seat so it can be lifted to the side? Spent the day yesterday driving from Massachusetts to West Virginia and spent the day today cleaning the bugs off from the drive and giving the interior a good cleaning, changed the cabin air filters, installed OEM seat covers and installed a keyless remote (from HandA). Thanks for any help on the seat. Greg

·
Moderator Eh?
12,105 Posts
I just got a 2003 Eternal Blue Pearl EX AWD MT! Got a great deal on it on eBay and went to pick it up yesterday. Drove it home 664 miles in twelve hours (including stops). Here is the problem though. The pull tab to recline the seat back on the rear driver's side seat is not there (must have torn out). Does anybody know how to fix this problem or recline the seat so it can be lifted to the side? Spent the day yesterday driving from Massachusetts to West Virginia and spent the day today cleaning the bugs off from the drive and giving the interior a good cleaning, changed the cabin air filters, installed OEM seat covers and installed a keyless remote (from HandA). Thanks for any help on the seat. Greg

Congradulations of your purchase and welcome to the EOC.

Check to see if it slipped down into the seat. There are little stoppers on the strap to stop them from slipping down into the hole....if they break off the strap doesn't have anything to hold it up. Pop off the cover/cup holder and you should find it there.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Get a coat hanger and make a hook on one end......put the hook in the slot and fish it back out!!!!!!!! I will almost guarantee you that it's there!!!!!

BTW,,,,,welcome!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I poked around in the hole briefly to look for the pull strap and did not feel anything. This weekend when I have more time to work on it. Can you tell me how to pop off the plastic/cupholder? I tried to pull it off this evening but I didn't want to force it and break the clips. Thanks again for the helpful information. I have been visiting the EOC since June when I decided that I wanted to get an Element, but didn't have any reason to post until I actually got my E. This is a great resource for the Element and I am glad I found the EOC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the cup holder off and there was no pull, so I poked around with the coat hanger and no pull. It must have torn off somewhere along the way. I could use the hanger to pull the latch and recline the seat so I am able to lift it to the side or take it out if I need to. Now I just have to get a new pull and take the seat apart to install. If anybody has done this before, I would appreciate a heads up on how to go about it or any problems I might encounter. Thanks

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Surprised it's not tucked down in there. My neice pushed the tab in their element in one time and we had to fish it out.

Might ask the dealer if it can be replaced.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts