Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local Honda dealership today to price out the cost for the rear seats. They told me for all the parts (UNASSEMBLED) for the two back seats would be almost $8000!!:shock: They said it was very expensive to buy things separately. That's an understatement! Are they on drugs or is this right? That's almost as much as I paid for the whole car! Has anybody priced out the rear seats in their area?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the world of Honda (hell any car manufacturer) OEM products...at least when you look to purchase directly or through a dealership.

I'd say you best bet is to visit your local Junkyard and see if there are any salvaged Elements with their seats still in tact. I plan on stopping by my local yard to find a few interior pieces I've been looking for.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Cklee.

For new parts, prices from the popular retailers (e.g. Bernardi, Hondaautomotiveparts, HondaPartsDeals, Honda Parts Now) are well below MSRP, so if you don't have to build from scratch, that could be viable. Gently used rear seats should be easier to find than fronts, so if you can afford to be patient you might find a pair (possibly from different owners) on Trading Post. I recall folks posting rear seats FS once or twice over the years. Shipping costs will limit your radius. The junkyard is a good suggestion too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I called my local Honda dealership today to price out the cost for the rear seats. They told me for all the parts (UNASSEMBLED) for the two back seats would be almost $8000!!:shock: They said it was very expensive to buy things separately. That's an understatement! Are they on drugs or is this right? That's almost as much as I paid for the whole car! Has anybody priced out the rear seats in their area?
I agree that it sounds very high though I have not looked up these parts in a while. I have priced and sold all of the parts necessary to build one rear seat before and it was a lot less than 1/2 of what you say they quoted. For the last 16+ years(out of 27 in the business) I have worked in a dual Honda & Acura Dealership Parts Dept. as the Assistant Parts Manager primarily handling wholesale accounts and a couple years ago ordered all the parts to build one seat for a collision repair job in which the wrecker driver left the seat at the scene of the crash. I would look for a good used one from a salvage yard as there should be plenty available and it is not the type of part they get much demand for. If you are like you can use Honda's Estore website and look up the parts yourself to get an idea what they sell for. When using the site be aware that each Dealer sets their own pricing on it so it can vary from one to another.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Funny, while looking for another interior item I came upon a website someone posted in which you can search national junkyards for listed parts.

Good luck.

Looks like rear seats go from $100-250 in my area.

http://www.car-part.com/index.htm

Thankfully the Element's jump seats are some of the easiest to install and remove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts