Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this?

It is highly unlikely I will ever put the rear seats back in, so permanent removal is okay. But, even better would be a way to temporarily remove them from window level while retaining the ability to restore functionality later?

·
12,180 Posts
Even with just detaching the upper seat belt mount you will have to pull apart most of the trim in the rear area. You may want to get your hands on a service manual or borrow one from some one before you start ripping things apart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Use the hitch installation instruction from H and A for info on removing all the trim on the passenger side (drivers side is the same). Then you can get to everything needed to partially or fully remove the rear seatbelts.

Personally, I would remove the floor bolt and the hanger above the window, but leave the remainder installed (but hidden). It will be much easier to reinstall if you don't have to go digging thru the basement to find all the parts.

-Steve

·
Registered
187 Posts
RE: Rear Seat Belt Removal

Are they really that much in the way? I have my rear seats out 99.9% of the time as well, but every so often folks come to visit and I need to carry more than one passenger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts