Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car never had the carabiners or hooks that hold the seats when you fold them up. Has anyone been able to find a replacement that can be used? Or even if someone has a pair of oem hooks they wanna sell. I haven’t been able to find a good pair. Suggestions are welcomed.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
My car never had the carabiners or hooks that hold the seats when you fold them up. Has anyone been able to find a replacement that can be used? Or even if someone has a pair of oem hooks they wanna sell. I haven’t been able to find a good pair. Suggestions are welcomed.
You should double check to make sure they are not tucked into the storage pocket on the underside of the rear seats, it's easily overlooked if you don't know its' there.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Any carabiner should work fine, does not have to be OEM. If I recall correctly (without lifting the seats), it's about the 3" size. REI (or similar) store should stock one. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I could find oem that would be awesome. I tried to get some carabiners thinking they would work but snapped. I thought they were good. They had a high load weight so I didn’t understand why that happened. And lately carabiners are had to find. For whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I did when I first got the car a year ago. Just the strap no carabiner.
Here is the OEM part number 82262-SCV-L01ZA, looks like they unfortunately about $50 each. I attached photos of the pocket for others that may have this issue along with a photo of the actual clip which should be easy to find a cheap alternative to. The clip is 3.25" x 2" with an opening of 1.25" wide. Any carabiner within this range should work as long as it's wide enough to clip onto the handle at the ceiling. Best of luck to you and report back if you find a cheap replacement.

pocket demo.JPG clip fully tucked into pocket.JPG Clip measuments.JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s perfect it! I always needed the size so I can try to get something. You have no idea how much I appreciate that MT!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
That’s perfect it! I always needed the size so I can try to get something. You have no idea how much I appreciate that MT!
You're welcome, this community of owners is very supportive to me and I'm happy to pay it forward. Again let us know what you find that works well as a replacement, let's keep the information flowing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts