Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am still new to this site (been lurking and absorbing) and am planning on getting my hands on an Element this summer. :D

I was just wondering how the rear seats are held in the "up" position and is it durable. Are there clips that it snaps into or straps that hold it up?

Will the means to secure it be weakened over time if they are left upright and get bounced around from daily driving/bumps, etc?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

·
Registered
608 Posts
Daveroo,

The seats are held up by clips to the rear handles, and by nylon webbing. Over time, I am sure that they will weaken over time, just as anything will. The question is just how much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply RML. I really need to get to a dealer with my magnifying glass and notepad to poke around.

I can see myself leaving one side up just about all the time and I was curious what current owners thought.

Keep up the good work and thanks again, 8)

-Dave

·
Registered
914 Posts
Dave,

If you plan on keeping the seat up all the time, it might be better that you just remove the seat entirely, as not to put too much wear on your seat clip and strap. Plus its not as light as you would think so if you are not going to use the seat, it might be better to just remove the thing. Besides, it will keep the seat clean also.

The clip also stores nicely in a built-in pocket.

·
Registered
36 Posts
IS IT ME OR COULD THE STRAPS BE JUST A TAD LONGER. I FIND MYSELF STRETCHING FOR IT. :?

·
Registered
608 Posts
banylo,

Well, if you made them much longer, they would stick down into the cargo area, and not be tight to the walls. It does take some effort to clip them up, but after a few times, it goes seem to get a bit easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts