Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone had an idea on what the rear speaker size is? I'm planning on putting in aftermarket speakers, but can't find what the size of the rear speakers is.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
did you already get your Element, and is it a DX, EX and is it 2WD or 4WD.. I can go and check to see the speaker size but I want to make sure which vehicle you have, and if you already have it as well if you already have your question answered.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That link IS awesome!! I love it, I love the step by step photo instructions too. too wonderful for words!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its' going to be a 4WD EX, it's on order right now. The link is pretty helpful, but it only looks like it's for the front speakers, which look like 6 1/2. I saw the rear speakers at the dealership, but didn't get a chance to really see what size they were.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ElementX let me go out to my garage.. be right back..

ok they are in the back doors.. the shape they fit into is 8" across the top & 6" across the bottom, by 5" high... the speaker (round) is 5" high & wide)

I( hope this helps...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re-visit that link (Element-j). He's replaced door and rear speakers w/pictures.

Door and rear are the same size.

Jim R

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Element-J Rules! Excellent step by step, detailed photos & Instructions!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey Gypsy..........Awesome website you have there. You are not proud of Elly-Mae are ya? My wife was so happy with it, she has to call it "Miss Elly"

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Ger Brassfield said:
Hey Gypsy..........Awesome website you have there. You are not proud of Elly-Mae are ya? My wife was so happy with it, she has to call it "Miss Elly"
That is so cool, and a namesake of my own Ellie. cool! Glad you like my site, and yep I am so proud of my Ellie.. incredible vehicle.. the one of my dreams!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ElementX said:
I was just wondering if anyone had an idea on what the rear speaker size is? I'm planning on putting in aftermarket speakers, but can't find what the size of the rear speakers is.

Rear Speakers are 6 1/2" with 5 1/2" hole openings for my 2003 element. Plenty of depth and the holes are 3 screws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts