Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I installed new sprint springs with new monroe shocks. I have put over 30,000 miles on them. Fronts are still fine and have no complaints. Rear is too bouncy of course. Would kyb shocks help stiffen the rear? or should i just scrap them and get skunk2, tien or h&r? another option, i was thinking, could be to use the stock springs minus a coil or 2? lol thanks for any help.

oh and please pm me if you have any used springs or coilovers for sale...thanks again

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tips

Last year I installed new sprint springs with new monroe shocks. I have put over 30,000 miles on them. Fronts are still fine and have no complaints. Rear is too bouncy of course. Would kyb shocks help stiffen the rear? or should i just scrap them and get skunk2, tien or h&r? another option, i was thinking, could be to use the stock springs minus a coil or 2? lol thanks for any help.

oh and please pm me if you have any used springs or coilovers for sale...thanks again

I had the same set up as you with Sprint springs and monroe and you are right, the rear is too soft and the fronts are perfect.

DO NOT Cut your stock springs: if you cut it, it might not sit right on the boot/strut.
What is your budget for your suspension set up because that is important:

First off you will need camber kits either way you go.

1) Working on a budget: If you want to keep your current spring set up, you can try to get custom rear strut/shocks that are 10-32way adjustable in the rear such as the KYB's but I don't think they sell it for the Element model. (I've read somewhere on the forum that someone installed RSX struts/shocks). Basically you want them to adjust stiffer to not bounce as much.

2) If you have the money: Buy the Ksport coilover setup which costs about $1000.

***The ST performance anti-sway bars for the rear really helps as well.***

Good luck!

Where are you located?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice and info. Yeah i heard about the k-sports and would like to get them. For now, i will try and get more info about the modified rsx strut/shock.
Oh and i was planning to get the ST performance anti-sway bars. nopi has the set for $315. i'll order them soon.

I'm located on the east coast. Shelton, CT 06484 to be exact.
Thanks again for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts