Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I’m planning on replacing my rear struts and springs soon and am wondering what parts I’ll need for the strut mount? I was hoping the oem mount was just one piece with all the smaller components included, but looking at this diagram, there’s a lot more parts in the oem catalog, so I’m wondering what part numbers should be replaced and what can be reused from my factory mounts? I tried searching this and wasn’t finding what I was looking for, so I appreciate any help!
Font Engineering Drawing Diagram Line art

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT; 2008 LX FWD AT
2,025 Posts
If you buy items 2 and 4, they include everything on the page except the # 17 nuts and # 18 bolt. If you try to do it piecemeal, you'll need a way to compress the springs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you buy items 2 and 4, they include everything on the page except the # 17 nuts and # 18 bolt. If you try to do it piecemeal, you'll need a way to compress the springs.
Right, I’m going with Bilstein 4600s for the 2nd gen cr-v with the Aerogenics/swift springs for my rear setup, so that just leaves the strut mounts to figure out. I’m not sure what factory parts are reusable and what part numbers I need to replace from the diagram, but I’ll definitely be renting a spring compressor once I have all the parts assembled

·
Registered
161 Posts
You should be able to re-use all of the parts from the Element shock assembly on the CRV shock, as the only difference is the lower spring perch location on the shock body. With that being said, after taking my rear shock assemblies apart, I would probably opt for NEW #10, #13, #14 as those are soft items that wear over time. My #13 bump stops were pretty wrecked. Also, the #11 plastic shield doesn't really fit that well inside of the Aerogenics Swift springs, since the wire diameter is thicker, thus making the hole of the spring top ever-so-slightly smaller. I had to cut relief slots in the plastic tube portion vertically to allow them to collapse slightly and fit inside the spring. You could probably run without them, but that would leave the shock absorber shaft exposed, which isn't ideal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should be able to re-use all of the parts from the Element shock assembly on the CRV shock, as the only difference is the lower spring perch location on the shock body. With that being said, after taking my rear shock assemblies apart, I would probably opt for NEW #10, #13, #14 as those are soft items that wear over time. My #13 bump stops were pretty wrecked. Also, the #11 plastic shield doesn't really fit that well inside of the Aerogenics Swift springs, since the wire diameter is thicker, thus making the hole of the spring top ever-so-slightly smaller. I had to cut relief slots in the plastic tube portion vertically to allow them to collapse slightly and fit inside the spring. You could probably run without them, but that would leave the shock absorber shaft exposed, which isn't ideal.
Thanks for the help! I went ahead and ordered most of the oem parts from the diagram and was told that pretty much all of them except for a couple are on back order for the foreseeable future, but hopefully the numbers you listed are some that they’re shipping

1 - 5 of 5 Posts