Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered on other threads, but I couldn't find it. I'm looking to replace my rear struts, but the thought of handling the spring compressor is kind of scary.

Can anyone provide a link to where I can purchase a pre-assembled kit of the struts/shocks, so all I have to do is disassemble the struts and install the new kit? If not, suggest the best reasonably priced strut kit and I'll "man up" on handling the spring!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I have compressed the springs for shock installations many times. As long as you're not a complete klutz it is no big deal. Buy or rent a good spring compressor and take your time. Or take the old shock/strut assemblies to a machine shop and ask them how much they would charge to swap them to your new units.

While shocks and struts wear out springs last a long time. Buying new stock springs seems a waste.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! Can you tell me if the strut assemblies from Majestic come pre-assembled so all I have to do is take out the old assembly and replace with the new? Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Yes, buy the whole assembly from majestic. They are only 80.00 each. Install is a breeze.
I like to loosen the rear swaybar bushings to make install a breeze

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts