Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my E has 105,000 miles on it and I do not do my own repairs ): Honda dealership wants to replace struts for $1100. They said they don't sell just top mount, which they say could be all that is wrong. I looking for some solutions that won't break the bank. I'm currently trying to sell it privately and it looks like no one will buy it with the feel and sound of backend when it goes over large bumps.

I'd like to find a middle place where I won't be spending the most money nor do I want to buy acme struts.

Your expertise in this area would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
then go to another dealer or go to a honda site and look up your parts and buy them(yes they do or did the last time I checked sell the parts seprate) the fr assy for mine was around $400.00 a pair for the new style. if you let the dealer stick it to you they will.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Local shop replaced struts. They used Monroe - $438.00. I know dealership's are ripoffs but quoting me $1100.00. Are the Honda struts make out of Titanium?

·
Registered
872 Posts
no just steel, I got a set of new in the box kyb's for $65.00 off flebay & stuck them on in about 35-45 min. kyb makes them for honda, I dont know it the kyg that I got are any defrent than the ones that they send to honda but bont say honda on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts