Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am new to the EOC! I searched the forum but could not find an answer to my question. I have a 03 EX AWD and I need to replace the rear sway bar bushings, however I dont know what size bushings to get. Anyone know what the size in mm is that I should be looking at? It is a stock sway bar... Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
All the information you need is contained in this thread. I got to it by searching Bushings. Seee post # 26!

Dom

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
Hi all! I am new to the EOC! I searched the forum but could not find an answer to my question. I have a 03 EX AWD and I need to replace the rear sway bar bushings, however I dont know what size bushings to get. Anyone know what the size in mm is that I should be looking at? It is a stock sway bar... Thanks!!
If they lasted 12 years, why not use the OEM part? Put the time you saved not searching into getting the [email protected]$&*! rusted brackets off?

HONDA PN 2306-SCV-000. (on eBay 2/$11, shipping included. Item 111617427396)

Ps: If you want to extend the life of the old or the new ones, apply Sil- Glyde inside and out.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
Need to sharpen your pencil I think? 2010 - 2003 = 7 years, no? Just sayin... probably had them replaced five years ago now.
Obviously something is wrong with the server indexing sw. I only respond to thread that come up as new threads or searches within the default time range of the past 2 weeks.

When a thread comes up in a listing of new posts and l've been logging into the forum daily, I don't bother to read the ridiculously small fine print of the OPs post date. I just look to see if the OO question got a useful response.

I figure that other members will be searching for answers to the same question, or adding their experience. not trolling for posts to criticize. If I have nothing to contribute, or a question to ask, then I don't post.

I saw the 3 responses didn't provide the information the OP NEEDED, was the part number for which there is no aftermarket replacement, and an easy way to extend the life of the part and way the normal complaint, until a replacement could be obtained.

My '04s original rear bushings were still fine when it was totalled this year, but I had an eb*y search set up so I could do a replacment before the brackets got too rusted to remove. Even with using antiseize when I periodicall sil-glyded the rubber, they became harder to service each time. So I thought my comments were valid.

·
Registered
663 Posts
trolling for posts to criticize. If I have nothing to contribute, or a question to ask, then I don't post.
Sorry man, I wasn't trolling. Just netted the dead fish right off the surface.

I did have something to contribute... that you were answering a 5 year old post. Is that not a contribution?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts