Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

2005 EX 2WD AT.

Got a problem - rear lower arm bushings are done, scary popping noise from the back.
But... these are not the ones that are being sold separately.

This is the one bolt 32 points to -

, the one that fits the arm to the chassis.
According to the dealer, i've got to buy two whole arms (16 and 17 in the picture, $209 each) but i feel kinda stupid to purchase the replacement for a perfectly normal arm.

Here is the guy -

Is there any chance to find just the bushing ?
The closest i got is http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PTP-8-304/ which obviously won't fit.

Please help.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Here is the part number for the Element trailing arm 52370-SCV-A00
Here is the CRV part number from Majestic 52370-S9A-A02
I would guess that they are the same but you will have to make sure by getting your hands on the CRV bushing. Which with a quick search I confirmed they do sell separately.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
The RSX Type-S rear trailing arm looks to be the same also.
Which could mean that you could upgrade to urethane bushings if it is the same.
I have Energy Suspension bushings for an RSX in my front lower control arm as we speak & they fit just fine. But I have never checked rear fitment myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NC-B17A, thank you very much !

I was able to find pics of both E and CRV arms -

Bushings look very much the same.

The only thing that annoys me is the metal flange which obviously belongs to the bushing - looks like a saw involvement to get the old one out. Whiteline bushings doesn't have one, which is understandable.

Again, thank you ! This was exactly what i was looking for.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The RSX Type-S rear trailing arm looks to be the same also.
Which could mean that you could upgrade to urethane bushings if it is the same.
I have Energy Suspension bushings for an RSX in my front lower control arm as we speak & they fit just fine. But I have never checked rear fitment myself.

The RSX (DC5 chassis) RTA doesn't fit so please do not make this mistake. I've tested this and pulled an RSX RTA (part numbers are the same for the Base model and Type S) and everything bolts up to the body fine but the knuckle/hub doesn't fit in the two mounting positions where the two bushing mounts fit in the middle of the RTA (between the front body mount and LCA) and IF you do somehow make it work the sway bar end link will not connect as it's further away than the Element RTA.

I also tried the 01 Civic (EM2/ES1/ES3 chassis) and of course it doesn't either... I was desperate since I was NOT going to pay Honda $500+ for the RTA since I thought I needed the bushing from it even though it turned out to be the adjustable camber kit causing the noise since the locking nut wasn't doing it's job so I went back to the stock upper control arm and the issue was resolved.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Hardrace sells these bushings. Maybe they have something that works

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
No problem, I looked for these for a while. Perhaps I'll report back if they don't fit. ROCAR makes a kit but they are out of stock and won't reply to messages asking when they will be back in stock. That's a crappy way to do business.
I tried to order the ROCAR parts from Sparktec Motorsports. My order got kicked back and money refunded. At least they were nice enough to say they would notify me when the parts came back in stock.

Please do let us know how the Febest parts work!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tried to order the ROCAR parts from Sparktec Motorsports. My order got kicked back and money refunded. At least they were nice enough to say they would notify me when the parts came back in stock.

Please do let us know how the Febest parts work!

Thanks again.
Good news: the Febest parts for the CRV are the exact part for the Element.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6MYXTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't speak for all the years but I suspect they are all the same. Mine is a 2004. The parts appear identical. I wonder if Febest just buys the Honda part? I did my entire right rear side, that is , trailing arm and knuckle bushings. Man what a job with stuck bushings and a frozen trailing arm adjustment screw and cam nut. I don't know how Honda puts these bushings in but the ones with the metal sleeve are way beyond a simple press fit. :064::064::064: The reciprocating saw, Dremel tool and propane torch were good friends. Anyway, happy bushing installation. :-D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the information. I'm installing new shocks and was looking into doing all the bushings at the same time.

This is my parts list thus far. Any input would be much appreciated.

1) SHOCK ABSORBER ASSY., R. RR. 52610-SCV-A13
$221.64 1

2)SHOCK ABSORBER ASSY., L. RR. 52620-SCV-A13
$221.64 1

3) BUSH, RR. ARM (LOWER) (INNER) 52364-SCV-A51
$14.84 2

4) BUSH A, RR. (LOWER/OUTER) 52365-SCV-A51
$10.22 2

5) BUSH, RR. ARM (LOWER) (OUTER) 52365-S6M-004
$17.81 2

6) BUSH, RR. ARM (UPPER) 52395-S5A-004
$11.67 2

7) HAB-003 - ARM BUSHING FOR REAR ARM
$25 USD 2

8) Rear upper adjustable control arm...already done.

9) Rear Sway bar links...which ones should I get.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would check rockauto.com for less expensive shock assemblies. I bought mine there. Rear sway bar links aren't that expensive. Get good ones. Again, rockauto.com. Also replace the rear sway bar bushings: not expensive and simple to replace.

Bushings can be a real bear to take out and replace, especially if you have bolts that are frozen into the bushing. Get new bolts too, they're cheap. I would budget twice as much time as you think it will take. Perhaps plan 1 weekend for 1 side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can do much better at Rock Auto for the Shock Assemblies. Get good sway bar links and also do the sway bar bushings too (those are simple).

You should budget lots of time to do a bushing job, perhaps only one side per weekend. If you have frozen bolts (in the bushings) you will be busy. It took me 12+ hours to do one side.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts